Chapter 24. Fast Asleep

Angel's P.O.V 

The sun was setting and everything was quiet. They must of left with everyone...well except for the weak. I saw skinny men walking around but they weren't up for long. They died a few minutes later and I couldn't do anything. Light on the other hand was wondering around looking for any scraps of food in the cafeteria while I watched Sasha.

Sasha hasn't woken up leaving me nervous, she lost a lot of blood so it makes sense that shes sleeping a lot. I mean it's better right? She only twitched at times.

"Hey I found some left over bread."

I turned and saw Light holding two pieces of bread.

"Yeah that's good enough."

I took one and cut in half just in case Sasha woke up and was hungry.

"She hasn't woken has she."

I shook my head,

"Her pulse is strong but she hasn't woken up."

I sighed,

"You know we can't be here forever, soon other people may come. I don't want to wait for that cause I know they're evil too."

I lightly shook Sasha,

"But I can't leave her behind."

Light sighed and looked around. He looked under the bed and pulled something out. A stretcher, well made of sticks and a blanket.

"We could try carrying her on this."

I nodded. We gently placed her on the stretcher and picked her up. She's lighter then usual yet heavy for me.

"Come on lets go check out the last Cafeteria, it's pretty huge and I wanted you to come along."

I nodded and we started walking. We stopped in front of the Cafeteria. It was big, maybe for the Nazi's. We walked in a laid Sasha on a table.

"Alright let's leave her here and spread out."

I nodded. We walked into the kitchen. I walked over to the stove to see huge pots. The stove was still on so I turned it off. I looked in the pots to see soup. Was a little burned but can be good.

"I found some soup."

"Find some containers if you can."

I looked through and stored it in small containers. I even found some water while I was at it. I lightly placed them around Sasha. She twitched but didn't wake up. I wonder what she's seeing. 

"Alright I think this is enough."

We continued carrying Sasha with the food and water. We walked out the gates. Felt good. 

"Where are we going to now," I asked.

He smirked,

"My house."

I raised my eyebrow,

"You have a house."

"Eh, it's somewhat like a house, but up on a tree."

I smiled,

"A tree house!"

"Bingo."

I cheered and we walked the opposite way of the camp.

"May take awhile so if you need a break tell me."

"Okay, let's go."