Chapter 22

Hey Lovelies, so i have discovered a great little spot to write during my breaks at school, so I am hoping that chapters become more frequent. I had a major case of writers block and I had no idea how I was going to take this chapter... anyways, here it is. I love you all, please comment!!! And tell me how you like how the story is starting to unfold. 

______________________________________________________________________

Chapter 22

The following days were a blur. I hadn't seen Robbie and I ignored Billy's texts urging me to call him so he could apologize for what he said and how insensitive he was. I wanted to call him, I really did, but I was so busy spending the best weekend with Leo that it just slipped my mind.

Leo and I spent our days kissing by his pool; kissing by the ice cream shop; kissing in the park and even kissing in his room (yes scandalous, I know). And it was amazing. I have never been so happy.

It was Sunday afternoon, Leo and I were sitting on his bed watching the latest season of "Orange is the New Black" on Netflix when he turned to me. "Sam," he said in his silky voice.

"Yeah," I replied as he stroked my hair. I was in such a happy haze.

"We need to talk about tomorrow," he said. His voice was calm and collected but my heart went from a minor pitter-patter to a full-on pre-heart attack. What did he mean tomorrow? Did we have plans? Was there something I was forgetting? Gosh I am a horrible girlfriend? Why is he even with me? Oh Gosh! I couldn't breathe.

"What about tomorrow, "I attempted to say in a semi-normal tone while attempting (unsuccessfully) to breathe.

"Well, we can't really uhm- well, I can't associate with you at school." He said nervously in an almost un

"Wait," I asked a little dumbfounded, "What do you mean I can't associate with you at school?????" I couldn't breathe this wasn't happening. How could he even say that? Why would he say that, we're together aren't we? Aren't we?

"Babe," he started, sounding overly calm; making me feel like maybe I was the problem, that I was overreacting. "Let's be real, I like you. a lot; but there's a social order that needs to be up kept. I haven't broken up with Ashley, not yet anyways. I have to wait til at least after prom."

I was fuming, I was just about ready to explode. "YOU HAVENT BROKEN UP WITH ASHLEY? SOCIAL ORDER? AFTER PROM? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?"

My voice has rising at least three octaves and my volume was just from breaking glass loud.

"Sam, you need to calm down," he said in a cooling tone, placing his hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off ready to attack him.

"I need to calm down? I need to calm down?!?" I exclaimed. "You are right. Yeah I do need to calm down. How about I go calm down and you stab yourself in the face multiple times until I calm down."

I got up, picked up my purse and stormed out of his house. What was that? How could someone do something like this. I picked up my phone, and I was ready to call Billy and cry and tell him how sad I was and how hurt. I pushed back my tears and decided not too. I picked up the phone and called Jaz.

She answered on the fourth ring.

"Hello?"

"Jazzy, Leo is the biggest asshole on the planet." I cried into the receiver.

"Come over." She replied.

I smiled with tears in my eyes, thanking my lucky stars to have such a wonderful person in my life. I needed Jaz today. I knew that the last week or so, I had been neglecting her but I was happy to see that, even then, she's there for me.

I crossed the street quickly, pulled out my key from my bag and opened the gate to the back yard. I had my bike locked up there. I didn't want to go from inside and chance my mother seeing me upset and then asking me loads of questions, trying to fish out what had happened so she could then explain to me how it was my fault.

I found my bike, unlocked it and placed my bag on the latch I had added last year on the back wheel to hold it there. I then hopped on and began speeding to Jaz's apartment. She lived in on of the few apartment buildings that lined the edge of town. They were filled with mostly younger kids who wanted to move out of their parent's home quickly, small families and elderly people. They weren't that large, each building in itself had four floors and each floor had two apartments on each. I got there and my bike against a pole and locked it up.

I ran up the steps and buzzed Jaz's apartment and ran up the stairs. I could barely see in front of me. My tears masked my sight, making me run up the stairs in a blind haze. Luckily, I've been here so often that the landscape was relatively easy to manoeuvre regardless.

I gave a firm knock on the door, and the door swung open. Jaz stood in front of me, kind eyes ready to greet me, and dread stood behind her: Billy.