Chapter 20

Hey lovelies! Sorry for the delay, hope you enjoy! Sorry in advance to all you Apple fans!!

____________________________________________________________

Chapter 20

“Samantha! Come back here this instance!” My mother’s voice wailed behind me. I instead kept walking up the stairs until I reached my room. I then slammed the door shut and barricaded it with my laundry hamper and a rolling chair.

I flopped onto my bed, slightly satisfied but also extremely peeved.  My mother had this way of showing up when I didn’t want her to.

I felt a slight vibration coming from my side. I pulled out my cellphone and read the text message. Evidently, it was from Robbie. He was apologizing for getting me into trouble, but he was happy we finally got to be alone like that. I grinned and put the phone to my chest, hands still around it.

Today may have been a flop, but things are looking up. I am quite enjoying my time.

*             *          *         

“You WHAT?” I pushed the phone away from my face. It was as if Jaz was more outraged than my mother was. I didn’t respond. I wasn’t going to repeat it; it took so much effort to say it calmly the first time. The second time around, I will become delirious…and extremely happy, which may or may not be a good thing. I mean being happy is good, a great thing actually but not if my mother overhears my joy, that would be an issue. Since I pretended to be upset when she scolded me, I hadn’t been punished or anything, but what’s to say she doesn’t burst into my room and go all third reich on my ass.

“You heard me,” I said trying to hold in my laughter. I don’t think Jaz has been flabbergasted…ever.

“Wow, I never would have thought would happen with Robbie.” Jaz said. I could hear loudly chewing on what I guessed was grape flavoured Hubba Bubba. I’m sure it was grape. It was always grape.

“What do you mean ‘Never thought that would happen with Robbie’?” Was she calling me a prude? Because I wasn’t; I just had standards. I mean I would totally “that stuff” with anyone… I mean if I really liked them –even a perfect stranger- okay maybe not, but I am not a prude!

“I don’t know; just forget I said anything.” She replied quickly. It wasn’t like her not to speak her mind at every moment. Now, do I persist? Or do I just let it go?

“No,” I said adamantly, “tell me.”

I could hear the large bubble she had begun blowing pop with a large, borderline explosive, sound I internally laughed. It wasn’t often that I found myself surprising Jaz.

“Uhm well, I just thought he was...” She mumbled something at the end; I couldn’t quite make it out. I rolled my eyes.

“Come on Jazzy,” I exclaimed, “Out with it!”

She gulped and sighed in defeat. “ I thought Robbie was gay.”

I dropped the phone. I was dumbfounded. I picked up the phone off the ground hoping that it wasn’t more cracked than before. Oh goodness. Okay so not worst but the original cracks stood out. What can you expect from Apple…At least my phone didn’t bend right?

“WHY IN HELL’S NAME WOULD YOU THINK THAT?” I asked. I guess it was my turn to be shocked.

“Calm yourself, first of all,” she started, “Secondly it’s obvious. The guy has these girlish eyes and loves all those romance novels and films…And seriously, he dresses as if you were buying his clothes and acts like a guy written by some cheesy teen novelist. He’s not real Sam.”

“Well Jaz, if you seriously feel that way, you can keep those dumb opinions to yourself. Robbie is not gay and I am done talking about this!” I pushed END button on my cellphone. Gosh I miss my old Motorola flip-phone. Hanging up on people used to be way more dramatic.

I got up put on a pair of shorts; grabbed my helmet and headed outside. I needed to clear my head. My legs peddled as hard and as fast as they could, leaving my muscles numb and sore, but I didn’t care. I needed to get away. I biked past the highway, passed the residential area and up the end of the hill. I was no longer breathing everything was a haze. I was no longer in my body, there was no me, there wasn’t a bike and a rider there was just energy moving through space.

Once I reached the top of the hill, I through my bike on the ground and lay beside it. My breaths were quick and shallow. My mind was racing and I couldn’t stop running. I closed my eyes and let the world slip away. There was no me, there was no time. There was nothing..