Chapter 9

HELLO READERS! Antigoni here!! Just want to let you know, that now that it's summer the story should be rolling a lot faster, so please be sure to comment and like XD Also, I'm just letting you know, when Billy says "Bobby" he is refering to ROBBIE, Bobby being his nick name. :P I quite love this chappie, just be sure to pay attention! It's important!! 

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 9

“So, anything new?” Jaz said as she popped her freakishly large bubble gum bubble. She had the latest celebrity magazine in hand. When she wasn’t reading the latest horror novel, she enjoyed making fun of the “idiot capitalist promoters.”

I didn’t like lying to Jazzy, she was one of my best friends, but Billy thought it best to keep it between us, including Robbie of course.

“No,” I shrugged. “Life sucks and then you die.” She smiled and I laughed it was Jazzy’s latest catch phrase. Jaz was looking particularly beautiful today, her long messy black hair and her extravagant eye makeup, her ripped jeans and combat boots, with a large bright crimson bow, one of her emblems. She was an admirable girl and that’s why I loved her.

She jumped onto the counter, throwing the plastic covered gossip to me, so I could put it away. “Preach!”

I walked down the shelves magazine in hand and placed it on the rack. I loved working at Jack’s with Jaz. Jeff, Jack’s son who took over the shop after his father died, always let us have the graveyard shift, so we basically just hung out, sometimes Billy would join or when finals were around the corner, we sat by the cash registers and studied. It was actually quite convenient, actually because all the research books were always at hand for us to use.

“You up for a little extra practice tomorrow?” Jazzy said as she popped another bubble. I was going to go shopping with Billy tomorrow, and Robbie. The boy needed clothes, and I honestly didn’t trust Billy to make Robbie look… well I didn’t even trust him to make Robbie look presentable.

“I’m actually been so beat lately,” I replied, “I think I’ll just stay home tomorrow.”

She nodded, kicking the counter with the back of her heels jumping off. She strode through the way examining the shelves and suddenly coming to a stop. She plucked a novel right off the shelf and walked back towards me. Hurdling back onto the hard wooden counter, book in hand, she began flipping through pages. She lifted a brow and peered at me.

“In other words, you have plans with Billy that I am not a part of.”

Yes.

“No!” I scoffed taking a bite of my Twix bar. Jazzy never understood my obsession with them they were just so good!  I loved the party in my mouth.

“Hmm,” her hum echoed throughout the empty store. It was eerie at this time of night, the store I mean. With its wooden floors and old lights that flickered at moments and of course it’s location being where it was; next door to the town bar and night club, outside the book store at night above else was a place to get into trouble.

I heard a little ring come off from one of the shelves with all the extra doodads. It came from a clock. I walked over to it and stopped the racket; I closed my eyes and began counting down.

5…4…3…2…

“The fun has arrived ladies!” Jaz rolled her eyes. She always seemed annoyed with Billy, but she doesn’t hate him; I know it. He walked in and kissed us both on the head, Jaz rubbed her head, disgusted by his action. He then leaned over and took a bite out of my Twix bar. “You gals ready to skedaddle?” He had a bit of chocolate in his teeth, but I didn’t care to tell him. He could bear with a little embarrassment.

Life was routine at Jack’s but I didn’t mind. I nodded and the three of us began closing up all the lights and less than a minute later we were headed out the door. Billy and Jazz were headed for the car as I locked up. I grinned as they ran, admiring them. That’s when a thought hit me; what if we were never like this again? What if this was the last time the three of us acted crazy; the three of us was actually just the three of us?

*             *           *          

I sat on a large red beanbag chair surrounded by racks of clothing. The chair had the perfect variation of softness and durability. It was extremely clean in here. I turned my head and looked around. It was eerie. I was sure that I had dropped a gum wrapper over by the racks with sweaters a minute ago and now as I looked back, it was gone. Billy sat beside me looking very pleased with himself, as if I needed him.

As I continued to let my eyes wander, I realised that this store was really expensive; what were we doing here?

“Just relax,” Billy laughed, “Has anyone ever told you that you worry way too much?” I felt my face getting hot with embarrassment. How was it that he always knew what I was thinking? Always knew what I was going to say? Maybe Jazz was right, we do spend too much time with Billy.

“Has anyone ever told you that you’re very irritating?” I said. I knew it was lame but it was the only come-back I could master at the moment. I sat back, beginning to tap me foot; having Billy help out with this, wasn’t probably the best idea.

“Uhuh, sure sure,” he winked at me. He looked smug with self-satisfaction as he throw his head back, stretching his arms. Rolling my eye, I turned to the curtain; Robbie’s head was sticking out. He looked so sweet, so precious; he was so shy. A smile played on my lips. I nodded as he immerged. My breath caught; his eyes glowed green, from the reflection of the green shirt in his eyes, and he wore a pair of semi-tight jeans (a pair which probably cost 200$). I bit my lip. Just the sight of him was worth way more than that.

My mouth must have been hanging out, because Robbie looked a little uncomfortable. I wanted to stop staring but I couldn’t. I then felt an elbow hit my ribs, giving me a little nudge. I snapped my head back and turned to my smirking companion.

“Do I not look okay?” Robbie asked turning around to look at himself in the mirror, giving me a full view of his rock hard ass. I could feel goosebumps forming on the small of my arms. I bit my lip; again. I will probably have scarring today.

“No Bobby, that’s a good thing,” Billy said getting up to stand next to Robbie, towering over him a good foot or two. The two boys stood facing the mirror, watching them I wondered if Billy’s was rock hard.  “It’s a freaking good thing.”

I shook my head and got up and fixed Robbie’s collar. His eyes locked on mine. I gulped, his face was so close; even Billy never got this close and we had sleepovers as kids.

“Thank you,” he smiled, “You have very beautiful eyes.” Shock hit me. I let go of the collar and took a step back.

“Thanks,” I replied and turned around knowing that I would be blushing. I walked over to a rack of clothing and pulled out a leather jacket. The smell of leather filled my nostrils, reminding me of my father’s old jacket. It was really nice, it was a guy’s jacket, but if I tried on a size small or extra small…Whoop, never mind. I saw the price. I put it back and turned back to the boys who looked at peculiarly. I ignored them. “Are we done? I promised to call Jazz when I was done.”

Billy turned to Robbie who shrugged.

“Alrighty then,” I said clapping my hands together, “Let’s get going.”