Chapter 18

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't posted! I'm going to keep up i promise!!!!! <3 <3 Enjoy and ILU <3 

______________________________________________________________________

Chapter 18

I wasn’t thrilled. I mean, he was supposed to be here. What possible excuse could Billy have for not being here? He knows how paranoid I get about going home alone at this time of night. Every couple of weeks Jaz wouldn’t be able to work, which means that the graveyard shift belonged to yours truly and though going into a graveyard with a bunch of friends can be fun and dumb, alone it’s just well… scary.

Anyways, he had been the one to offer to start picking me up. I had even texted him earlier reminding him, because well we all know boys can be quite dumb and unreliable. He said “Don’t worry about it!” I mean had he given me some sort of warning that he wouldn’t be able to come; I would have brought my bike at least. I’d ride faster than any crazy robber or molester or vampire – what? It could totally happen knowing me! Never mind, I’m getting really off track.

I sighed looking at the clock that was suspended over the door. I looked back at my phone and groaned angrily. Fucker!  I hate this. Closing alone… and now I had to mentally prepare for a twenty minute run. I wasn’t too fond of that idea. Not this late.

I restocked the couple of books that lay on the wrong shelves. Locked up some of the ereaders and set up some alarms. I really didn’t like those. Nothing was quite as good as smelling the pages as you read them. Old fashion way for me! I got a free one from work, maybe I’ll give it to Billy, and actually he ditched me so no. He doesn’t deserve it. Or hey, maybe Robbie would enjoy it.

I walked to the back of the store to my cubby and grabbed my things. I swung my little jacket, took my backpack and headed for the front of the store. “Fucking Billy,” I muttered. It was really dark out. I cursed again. What a jerk! I could feel the anger rising inside me, ready to burst. I felt as if steam were going to come out of my ears. I walked outside the front door and grunted – yes I noted that it wasn’t really lady like but, who cares honestly. Right?

“Hey there beautiful,” a deep voice said. I quickly turned to see Robbie sitting on the hood of Billy’s car. A smiled played on my lips.

“Hey there handsome!” I strode over to him and gave him a big hug. “What brings you here at this time of night?” He smiled his awe-inspiring smile and brought his hand to my face, pushing a loose strand of hair behind my ear.

“You, of course.”

I bit my lip. I could feel my blood rushing to my face. How is it he could do this to me. “Yeah, sure, sure.” I said, trying to play it off as a joke. His hand then traveled to my cheek, down the side of my face until his thumb began rubbing at the bottom lip I had been biting just a moment ago. “It’s true though,” he replied.

I couldn’t believe this was actually happening. I felt like I had just found myself in a cheesy romantic drama. I was speechless. So I stood there wide-eyed like some sort of  dodo bird.

I gulped. “So uh, are we just going to stand here or are you going to drive me home?” Robbie startled, darted from my lips, back to my eyes. A moment later, he nodded and grinned, “Yeah, sorry.”

“It’s quite alright.” I preferred him being flustered rather than me. Not that I liked having the upper hand per say, but I just rather not have my guard down. Especially not with Robbie, though it really includes any guy besides Billy.

He stored to the passenger’s side and opened the door for me. “My lady.”

I laughed, “Good sir!” I cooed as I sat. He shut the door and began towards his side of  the car. As I watched the muscular figure walk in front of the windshield, a smile pulled at the corners of my lips. Maybe I would give Billy that ereader after all…

The door slamming shut woke me from my thoughts. I turned to see Robbie looking slightly on edge. “You okay?” I asked. He was awkwardly getting the keys. “Have you ever driven before?” My heart began to race. How does a robot not know how to drive a car?

“I drove here didn’t I?”

I gulped and he started to laugh, and put the car into drive. Robbie was honestly a great driver. He really made me feel safe. I smiled. I don’t remember what we talked about that night.

All I remember was the kiss and the way it made my whole body tingle.

All I remember was the car being set to park, both of us unhooking our seatbelts just talking about something trivial and his body turning towards me. Oh his dimples, made me swoon. I licked my lips, which was followed by my blushing.

“You smell really good,” he whispered to my temples as he kissed them. His hands were, gosh I have no idea where. I was in a daze. It was like time was passing in fast motion and I was in slow-mo. It was odd and magical.

Robbie then snapped up away from the kiss, his hands had found their way to my stomach and the back of my pants. “I- I’m sorry, but we have to stop. Your mom will worry about you.” I looked at the time. My eyes popped out of their sockets. Damn it!

I got out of the car with a smile on my face, one that wouldn’t leave for a while.