Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Crap! I seriously didn’t think this through. I had ordered on extra responsibility to put on my plate, my graduation year of all years; with Prom coming around and having to get into college. I was insane; it is the only explanation for my stupidity. I should be but in a home. Why would I order a robotic boyfriend? I really don’t need a boyfriend; they are way too much work anyways.

“Where am I going to hide him?” I waved my hands in panic. This was bad. I can’t take care of a person [robot] and a boy no less.

“Sam,” Billy’s voice boomed like thunder in a lightning storm. “We’ll figure it out.” He placed a strong hand on her shoulder as his sincere eyes held my gaze. I looked down at his hands as they vibrated heat into my shoulders. I wanted to smile, to look up into his eyes and believe him, but I wasn’t one of those girls, one of those girls that believes in the world; so instead I continued my rant.

“But what about school? How am I going to explain him?” There was so much. How about papers? I paused for a moment. Billy could take care of that. I then began to feel my heart quicken just as my breaths became small and quick.

Billy sat me down on my bed. He handed me water and made me drink it slowly. His hands then slid to my waste holding me steady, his fingers were strong and calming. I could feel my breaths becoming longer as it were in my normal frame of mind.

His dark eyes seized me like that of a wolf’s holding the gaze of their prey. For some it may be frightening, but I knew who he was. Billy cared too much to be cruel or scary. “Sam,” he said calmly, “I’ll take care of his papers so he can go to school and we’ll figure out the rest afterwards.”

I shook my head. We needed a plan. It’s not like we can just forget that there is a boy in my room, one who is not Billy and one who cannot stay here.

“Robbie can’t stay here.” I said looking at Robbie for the first since my rant began. Robbie stood awkwardly peering at me with worried eyes. I looked up at him, I cannot explain it, I felt a sort of pull to him; he was gorgeous; so angelic with a childlike handsome way to him.

He walked over to me and knelt down next to Billy. His worry began to fade from his eyes as my breathing regulated and oddly, his presence helped. I then averted my eyes from him. “I mean what would my parent’s think of a boy sleeping in my room?” I didn’t mind actually, having his arms wrapped around me while I sleep, he seems quite pleasant to be with. I wondered if he felt like skin, would it feel warm against my own?

“I’ll keep him at my house.” My best-friend said his hands still holding me. I looked down at them and he quickly moved them away. “My uncle won’t even notice and he’s gone most of the year anyways.” Billy’s uncle worked for some large company, the details of which Billy assures I need not worry about. I always I thought he was some government spy, hence Billy’s “talent” of forging legal papers.

“I’m sure he’ll notice.” I mean how could a secret government agent not notice?

He shrugged. “Not like he’ll care.” Billy was always free to do what he wanted, I was always envious with parents like mine who always needed to know where I was; who I was with; what were we doing? They’ve let up a bit now, I mean with Billy and Jazzy, they know I’m not up to anything “bad”.

I sighed. Alright, so that took care of that.

“What are we going to tell people?” We sat in silence for a moment and then something unexpected happened: Robbie spoke.

“You could always say that I’m his cousin.” His eyes shone brightly as he pointed at Billy. I blinked. It was so obvious; I was shocked I hadn’t come up with that myself.

I turned to Billy. He nodded. “That could work.”