Chapter Ten

Andre and Dusk approached us as we stepped towards the house. While Andre walked calmly, Dusk rushed forwards, tripping over himself and flailing his wings to stay upwards. He looked so cute as he stared at us with his excited, electric blue eyes. Andre helped him up and they both stopped in front of us.

             "Hi guys, this is my familiar, Rossa," I said as I pushed Rossa into view.

             Rossa glanced at me before looking towards the other creatures. Andre and Dusk watched her curiously.

             Hello Rossa, came the smooth voice of Andre.

             Moments later, with the squeaky voice of a young griffin, came a; Hi new bestie! At that moment, Dusk jumped on Rossa. He pulled her into a hug and said, It is so cool you're here. I can play with someone now. Grumpy old Andre never plays with me, but now you can! This will be so awesome, I just know it!

           Rossa looked so in shock of what happened but after a moment, gave him a catlike hug back. I think that was one of the cutest things I had ever seen. The look on Rossa's face was one of pure happiness and acceptance. I felt warm inside that she liked my family.

           After a moment, they pulled away from each other. I figured since my mentor had been standing there the whole time that she would like to see her room. She quite was patient with my lollygagging so far, but I didn't want her to get mad and resign as my mentor.

          "Would you like to see your room now," I asked.

            With a nod she responded," Yes, that would be nice. Thank you."

            Rossa walked along side me as Tamira and Eira followed close behind. Up the steps to the room by mine, I led them. That was the biggest spare bedroom.

            The room was a bit larger than a normal spare as well as the quality of furniture. A queen size bed with an assortment of chairs and tables decorated the dark blue walled room. The flooring was of smooth, polished, wood and the ceiling was a the color of vanilla ice cream.

             Eira was the first to enter, wagging her tail she sniffed around the room. Tamira followed and placed her bags at the foot of the grey bed. I stood in the doorway awkwardly.

              "Do you need anything?" I questioned, unsure of what to say.

              "I am fine but, thank you. We shall practice later, in evening. For now though, I think you might want to become better acquainted with your familiar." Replied my mentor as she petted Eira.

               I scrambled away with a half-hearted wave to my room. The unfamiliarity of Tamira made feel uncomfortable, I was not good with new people. It usually takes awhile before I would feel comfortable.

               I darted into my bedroom, closing the door as fast as I could. Laying on my bed, head in hands I thought of how stupid I must have seemed. That was so awkwardly embarrassing!

               After a moment the sound of claws scraping wood came from the hall. Very similar to the tree escapade. I looked around for Rossa and realized that I must have blocked her out by shutting the door.

              Guilt was the first thing that happened as I realized this. The second was me jumping up and over to the door. I opened it to find Rossa, paw raised, looked as if she was about to knock or in this case scratch on the door.