Chapter Eleven

I was out the door as the last word left her lips. I felt Rossa keeping pace at my side. Blinded by the shining sun I covered my eyes with my hand until I could see again. For some reason my eyes drifted to the guest bedroom window. My mentors new room. The curtains were pulled taunt and the fabric ruffled as if someone had just shut it. I thought about what had happened earlier. What did Tamira mean by what she said. Who called? Who was Maylene? What was the pack?

                                As I walked to the fenced gate of the garden, I thought of what she might have meant. When we came to the gate and went inside the thoughts, they went into the back of my mind, forgotten.  The same feeling from last time I came here returned.

                                I felt happy, elated as I walked with Rossa on the smooth stone walkway. The wonderful scent of the plants washed over me, calming my troubled spirit. I laughed with joy as all and any troubles of the worlds left me, leaving and being replaced with peace.

                                All of a sudden, a soft fluffy something rubbed across my leg. I glanced down to find Rossa, standing beside me. Her joyful purring rumbled throughout the area. This garden seemed to have the same effect on everyone. I shall call this the garden + person = happy effect.

                               Rossa glanced about, her long puff of a tail flicking and thumping. By the bushes of roses lay a grouping of flapping butterflies that not just I had seen. With a twitch, the peach colored cat pounced. Lean muscles hurtled Rossa into the flock of butterflies, causing them to scatter. She landed with a graceful thud,  then crouched, slinking off in a hunters crawl.

                                A butterfly, turquoise with violet trim bravely remained by the flower patch. Hidden by plants and grass, was Rossa sneaking up behind the beautiful bug. Suddenly she stopped, crouched deeper, and with a flick of her ear, her soft ting of a voice echoed in my head.

                                I'm hunting this butter! Just for fun, fret not, unharmed shall remain the fly!.....I sound like a poet!..... A moment later she mock batted the creature, letting out a playful huff.

                                The 'butter' as she put it fluttered higher up on the bush. It landed on one of the highest buds of the red roses.

                                Its mocking me, I'll show it! Rossa spoke, though I think that was not meant for me to hear.

                                Bunching her legs, Rossa crouched. Twin eyes of minty green locked onto the butterfly as she sprang. In a flash, almost to fast to be seen, Rossa went up and around the bush, landing in a jumbled heap of grass on the other side. As the cat tried to untangle herself the little brave butterfly flew over to above her head. Moments later, lay a Rossa, as she became a butterfly's chair, the small fragile creature had taken roost upon her black spotted nose.

                                 My little familiar huffed and blew air from her nose. As she went to stand, the funniest things happened. Rossa was caught in a stormy cloud of butterflies! As the wings settled, a previously orange cat had turned into a colorful mass of insects.

                                  With a laugh I told Rossa, "Love the new coat. It suits you."

                                  You think this is funny, human! I'm being attacked here!

                           "No, I don't find this funny. I find it hilarious!"

                            She growled and stalked over to me. The butterflies scattered and drifted to above her. Rossa pounced and leapt onto my chest, knocking me down. As she sat on me, the butterflies returned and landed on the both of us.

                           How do you like it now? Cat one, human negative one. Mo who ha ha ha.

                       A violet colored butterfly landed on my nose. I sneezed and replied," Actually, human negative one, cat negative three and butterflies three."

                      How'd you come up with that, hum?

                      "I got attacked by them once, you thrice and they won three times."

                      No.

                      "What do you mean no? I'm right."

                      No, I don't believe you.

                     "I'm right. Your wrong. You fell over, got covered once, and then got us both covered."

                     I'm not listening. Blah Blah Blah.

                         "But, I'm ri-"

                          The wooden gate swung open at that moment, cutting me off. There stood my mother.

                         "Sabella, I forgot to tell you...," she trailed off," where are you?"

                         Her eyes scanned over the garden looking for us. We were covered partially by the plant life, making it difficult to locate the both of  us. All of a sudden, as I was about to speak, the turquoise with purple trim and violet butterflies lifted up and over to my mom.

                         They fluttered to her outstretched hand and landed. Mom my stared and after a moment she locked eyes on our exact location. She started walking over toward us. The two butterflies followed suit behind her.   

                          As she came to a stop in front of us she spoke in a berating voice, " Guys, get off of them!"

                          Immediately, it seemed a million voices called out, 'But why'.  

Sorry for the short chapter. More votes and comments equal faster, longer, and more updates. Thank you for reading. :P :) :D Random faces.