Chapter Twelve

Aponi ( Ah-Pon -Eye)

                               I glanced around, looking for the voices. They sounded like a familiar's mind speech, but there was no creatures I had met with those voices. Unless, they were the butterflies.

                               "You know why!" Exclaimed my mother, breaking me out of my thoughts. The butterflies scattered with in moments, all that could be seen was a tsunami of wings.  So it was the butterflies speaking. Where they familiars?

                                After the butterflies flew to a clear space be my mom, Rossa scrambled off of me. We both stood up straight, my eyes darting from the winged creatures to my mother.

                                "Sabella, there is something I was meaning to tell you," she said, acting like nothing weird had just happened. "Well, how should I say this,-"

                               "What about the butterflies? They talked! Are they some sort of familiar.-"

                               She sent me a look, " I was getting to that. Yes, it is about the butterflies. There are certain creatures that are blessed with the gift of magic. These butterflies are one example of these creatures."

                               I nodded my head yes and motioned for her to continue.

                             "I had met two of them before, a long while ago. I have recently seen them again, in this swarm," she lifted her hands to the two butterflies that had flown to her," This group had shown up a few days ago, right after you left for The Call. They will be staying for a while.-"

                             "Why," I questioned.

                             "Sabella, stop interrupting!"

                             "Sorry."

                             "All righty then. As I was saying, they will be staying here, in the garden for a bit. The reason, does there even have to have a reason? Couldn't they just have wanted to visit. Honestly Sabella, why does there have to something wrong?"

                             This time I gave her a look and said defiantly, " I never said there was anything wrong? I just asked why they were staying here."

                              "They are because they are." Stated mom firmly.

                              "That's not a reason."

                              "It is if I say it is? Why are you so suspicious all of a sudden?" She said studying my face.

                               "I never said I was suspicious. Why would you think that," I asked sweetly while in my head I thought the opposite. I know something is up, and my mother is a part of it.

                                "Stop that! My gosh, you act like butterflies in a garden is so wrong."

                                "Talking butterflies," I reminded her.

                                 " Sabella really-," she paused, " you know what, I'm leaving. I'll be in the kitchen if you need me. Bye." She said before stalking off and out of the garden.