Epilogue

The roar came from Rossa, I thought with horrified dread. Through our bond I felt agony. Heart pounding, I dared to a glance at Rossa. I couldn't see clearly, as my eyes were filled with unshed tears at the thought of her being hurt. A large form stood in front of me. I blinked to clear the watery haze. Ahead of me held the familiar I feared was there, Rossa. The most shocking thing is, she was uninjured.

No, the most shocking thing was what occupied her shoulders. Rossa held herself upright on her haunches, paws raised and claws poised. Her back fur was ruffled and flared out to form a pair of striped wings. Looking at the grass ahead of Rossa I saw a pile of pitch colored dust.  The scent of burnt wood hung heavily in the air. The middle hunter, Pale Eyes smiled.

"What a surprise, the little tiger is  hybrid," he spoke mockingly, " no matter. I have more arrows and even a dragon couldn't protect you all." The hunter's hybrids snarled for added effect. "She is inexperienced at fighting, unlike my hybrids. The fire cannot be used at close range here as it might harm you. All of you will still die. Starting with the tiger."

Pale Eyes moved made a motion with his hand and the two hybrids rushed forwards. The bear coyote lunged, the move intending to leave a fatal wound on Rossa. A second away from making contact, it was thrown backwards, hitting a tree with a whoosh. The sound of a hundred wings sounded from above us and I glanced upwards. There hovered the butterflies.

My eyes flicked back to the hunters. They had gone pale, even the middle one and the hybrids had their tails tucked beneath their legs. The butterflies dove in an ark downwards, continuing then to fly around all Tamira, the familiars and I. They fluttered quickly, turning into a blur. The colors leaked into nothingness and in a bright, air vacuuming flash, we were gone. 

^^^^^

Blind and disoriented I fell to the ground. Instead of the cool grass I expected, hard wood greeted me. Blinking multiple times, the world came into focus. I was....in the kitchen. What the heck? The butterflies fluttered over to carpet the windowsill and counters. My family, very much in shock, were seated and eating lunch at the table.

Uhh, Hi ," said the violet butterfly.

"Hi," said my mother, breaking out of it first, "why did you transport them here?"

It was obvious that she was speaking to the butterflies.

There has been a problem.

^^^^^ 

Tamira explained the situation and I learned quite a bit. For example that the hunters were different from my father's brothers group and that the butterflies were the insect guardians from the book I was reading just hours ago. I sort of figured that about the butterflies when we teleported here though. I noticed she left out the part in her explanation when Rossa showed here hybrid side.

"Anything else I should know about," questioned mom when Tamira was done. Everyone was quiet as they digested the new information. I guess mom had to tell my siblings about this after all.

There was a moment of silence before Rossa spoke. Actually, there is.

Tamira glanced over to her feline form, and she said a softly spoken " you don't have to do this."    

Yes I do. Rossa's eyes met mine for a second before turning her head towards my mother. I have something I've been keeping from you all, I am a hybrid.

"Your a hybrid?" Dad repeated slowly.

I am, responded Rossa simply. I am half tiger and half......dragon.

"You don't look like a dragon," stated my youngest sister Aleena.

Rossa stepped forward and opened her wings from their hiding place at her sides. My family gasped at the sight. I think they were believing Rossa had a different trait to a dragon than wings. After a moment she moved the new found limbs back to their place and spoke again. I can also breath fire.

There was a long stretch of time in which no one spoke. I took a deep breath before responding.

"Why didn't you tell me," I asked feeling hurt.

She turned to me with sad eyes, I actually was not even sure myself if I had hybrid qualities. My other siblings were born with traits of both. I was suspicious of the wings since the plane trip but the fire I found out today. I never meant to lie, I was just afraid to be looked at differently. All my life, abet short, I have been hated on at all sides by others. I was going to tell you after the first attack but we found out about the hybrids teaming up with hunters and I was worried about telling you the truth. I'm truly sorry, it was never my intention to keep this secret so long. I understand if you hate me now.

"Rossa, I could never hate you. I can see why you would hide this. If you remember my parents hid things as well," I gave said adults a meaningful glance," Have more trust in me, and can you tell me first before thinking of how badly I might react next time. It's not like you were planning to murder me or really did side with the hunters. Relax."

Thank-.

"Wait just a second, what secrets are you keeping from us," demanded Serenity.

"You had to say that didn't you, Sabella," mother said with a raised eyebrow.

I gave an innocent smile as Dad sighed and said, " I come from a family of hunters. We will talk about this later, ok? We don't have time for this."

"War will soon be upon us, the hunters already know where you live. We must alert the others and relocate your family," Tamira said before Serenity could say more.

"What's the plan after that," I questioned aloud.

I know a place we could go. 

"Where," I wanted to know.

I think its time you met my parents.

WOOP, book one is done. Yeah. If you have any suggestions for book two, message me or comment. Who say that coming? (Seriously tell me if you did.)