Three.

22 hours in. The sky was dark, and the stream of monsters seemed to have slowed down. Mettaton was no longer sitting beside you - instead, he was going around looking for more things he hadn't seen before, and questioning you about them. Different bugs, different plants, and even a few animals when they went by. You were happy to answer him, as you were on the verge of sleep and it distracted you from actually falling asleep. Kind of. The caffinated drinks you had brought helped a bit as well.

Soon enough, you received the cue for another hourly update. You stood up, and picked the camera up, holding it to your half-closed eye.

There were several cameras dotted across Mount Ebott, each giving a different angle of the monsters exiting the mountain. The reporter travelled to a different one each hour, so you didn't have to do much. You could talk if you wanted because there wasn't any soundman. All you had to do was have the camera focus on a few monsters and bingo, you'll get paid.

Have the camera focus. Harder than it sounds.

You strained your eyes to get them to focus, but the lack of sleep you had had made it tough. You managed to get a balance you felt was alright, and waited for the cue for you to sit back down.

10 minutes.

20 minutes.

Mettaton came up to you. "Taking longer than expected?"

"Yeah." You yawned. You had been fantasizing about going to your bed for too long now.

Mettaton sat down on the rock you had rested the camera on. "When I did New Years shows, often I'd spend the first three or so hours of the New Year on air, trying to find things to talk about." He looked over at the mountains' exit. "Sometimes it would be quite difficult to not talk about the same things over and over, since not much seemed to happen down there."

You stayed quiet for a few moments.

"What was it like?"

"It's... it's not like out here. Maybe I could take you there at some point?"

You received the cue that the hourly update was over, and you sat down again, putting the camera beside Mettaton. "I guess."

Mettaton looked at the sky. "These are stars, right?"

"Mm-hm." You reached into your bag and cracked open another energy drink.

"Apparently you were able to see them in certain parts of in there. But I haven't seen them in a long time." He paused. "I'll explain later."

You nodded. The energy drink wasn't doing much for you.

"Say, darling. Are you doing alright?" Mettaton asked, cottoning on to your quietness.

"Yeah. Sorry, just tired."

"Do you want some spaghetti?"

"What?"

Mettaton looked at you. His expression was serious. He held his hand under a set of holes on his chest, and twisted a dial beside them.

"I mutually somebody who always used to get really excited over spaghetti. I wondered if it's the same for humans." He stated as spaghetti poured out of his chest, into one of his gloved hands.

You put your hand over your mouth to stifle a laugh. "What?"

"They always seemed to get their energy from spaghetti, even just the thought of it." He held out his hand.

You decided to trust him, and you took the long, unbroken strands of cooked spaghetti from him. Using your hands, you took one of the foot-long pieces of spaghetti and put it in your mouth in it's entirety.