Bonus chapter: Dandy Kills An Innocent Door Out Of Cold Blood

26/07/20XX+11

Had it really been so long since you and Mettaton first met?

It was hard to remember. Honestly, you barely remembered the stream at all; fairly few clips of the encounter were still online at this point, most having been struck down by the news agency for copyright.

But you were past it anyway, you had your son and Mettaton could go suck a toe for all you cared.

Dandy was at school, and you'd just finished your shift. You had an hour to spare, but nothing to do. So, you were stuck reminiscing on the past.

Truthfully, you'd met another guy you really liked the other night. Tall, dark haired, great sense of humor and two kids of his own. The date went really well, he paid (despite your best efforts), and unlike most of your other attempts at dates not a single question was asked about your brief (well, nearly 6 year) relationship with Mettaton or the death of Dex and Daina. You'd been talking to him during breaks and after work most nights, and truthfully you were getting those little flutters in your stomach again whenever you got a message.

Maybe you'd go in for the kiss next time you saw him, who knows?

Dandy was less than pleased at your choice in men, as was natural for a preteen boy. When you asked him who he thought would work for you though, he just shrugged and strutted off to his room.

He was getting more and more like his father these days, in the way he walked, in his confidence, in everything really. However, he still held a strong passion for politics, and he hated bright lights and loud noises - those were the only exceptions.

It was curious though, Dandy had been diagnosed with ASD - or autism spectrum disorder - just a couple years prior. It was a friend of Alphys who delivered the diagnosis after a thorough study into human-monster hybrid children was carried out. At first, Alphys had thought that perhaps she'd programmed Dandy's body to be too sensitive to external stimuli, but after more and more children were created with the exact same equipment and settings as Dandy, they soon ruled that out. They took note of a lot of things, his routine, his anxieties, his habits, even going as far back as his early childhood when he'd play alone as opposed to with his siblings, or even at points where he'd rather watch the news over kids TV. It was probably a lot more in depth than what purely human kids would experience during the assessment stage, but you and Dandy (and multiple other families) got your answers.

You were no expert in the field, so at the time you did a whole bunch of research to try and understand him better. Eventually, you realised that you were starting to obsess over the diagnosis - so you stopped researching and decided to take everything one step at a time. Dandy was pretty open with you, so if something was bothering him he was more than happy to tell you, and if you could you'd fix it. Whenever he had meltdowns, you were his greatest source of comfort too.

Naturally you also told Mettaton, but he just left you on read. He never replied to anything, really.

A sharp knock on the door snapped you out your reverie. Dandy was home.

Thump. Thump. Crash.

Dandy had kicked down the front door.

He ran up to you and flung his phone directly in front of your face. "Baba! Take a look at this!"

"What the actual FUCK?!?!?! They've lost over $120 BILLION in a SINGLE DAY?"

You placed a hand on his shoulder gently. "You're destined for great things, my son. Great things. Just don't Zuck up."