Twenty-Seven.

For as long as you could remember, things always had two certain points. A beginning and an end.

That fact you had started to doubt the moment Mettaton proposed to you in the cafeteria. Whilst you panicked, deep down you knew that the connection you had with him was going to last a lifetime.

That fact seemed completely false the moment you discovered that you and Mettaton were going to have four beautiful children, each of which you watched grow and cherished every single moment with.

That fact rang in the back of your head when Diva passed away, but was once again strengthened as you and Mettaton mourned her together. It was a period of time that should have been so magical, so precious, but instead was a time you'd much rather forget.

Now, that fact stood true once more as you woke up the morning after the meeting had taken place, only to find your lawn mobbed with journalists and protesters. Some had set up small tents on the pavement outside, others brandished waterproof coats and umbrellas. As they caught sight of you peering out your window, they started to chant, throwing empty cans and pebbles at your window in an attempt to intimidate you.

"Baba, why are there people outside?"

Dyna stood at the door, holding onto the wand Mettaton had bought her the last time he came home. You rushed over to her and scooped her up, hugging her in an attempt to hide your panicked expression so you could answer; "I don't know. I don't know, honey."

Dyna sniffed, a static metallic sound, as she held onto you tighter. "I'm scared..."

"Everything's going to be okay." You assured her. "Where are the boys?"

"Dex and Dandy are charging." She said, "In our room."

You stood back up with her, and carried her in. The two boys weren't talking to each other - Dex was hugging a cat plushie and chewing on its ear, cuddled up in the corner of the room, whereas Dandy was calmly looking at an iPad. You put Dyna down on the ground, and sat next to Dandy. "What's happening?"

"It appears that some pictures of us got released when Papa was picking us up from the babysitters the other day." He said, passing over the tablet to let you read the headlines. "Apparently a "Dr. Ridgewell" gave a statement which revealed how we were created, also mentioning that we were meant to have another sibling?"

Thump. Thump.

"Dex, how much charge are you at?"

"Eight? The loopy number."

You nodded.

"Dyna, what about you?"

"Ten... I got scared so I..."

You couldn't concentrate on what she was saying. Dex and Dyna had enough battery to last them for about an hour. You turned to Dandy, "And you?"

"Just under 50%."

Thump. Thump.

"Everybody, stay up here and stay away from the windows," You said, standing up. "I'm going to call Dad. Baba's going to fix this."

~~~~~

Mettaton stood in the middle of the stage, arms wide as he introduced the show. There was a live audience, and it was also being broadcast worldwide across numerous stations.

He quite literally soaked up the attention like a sponge. It was where he was most comfortable, and where he felt most at home. He wanted nobody to take their eyes away from him, and as he promised with every episode, he was going to give the viewers a night to remember.