Save me

The yelling coming from the little apartment was nothing new to people. Neither was the sight of a boy covered in bruises and blood, walking around the complex

"Go get me some beer whelp" wallys father, Ruddy, lazily sat on the couch with a half full beer bottle in his hand.

"B-but I-I'm only fourteen sir I'm not old enough" Wally stuttered in fear knowing that making his drunk father mad would only result in more pain.

"I DONT CARE IF YOU HAVE TO STEAL IT FOR CHRIST'S SAKE GO GET ME SOME GOD DAMN BEER"

Ruddy slapped Wally making him hit the ground with a thud. Wally immediately scrambled to his feet and ran out the door.

-------------------------------------------------Time

Skip-----------------------------------------------------------

Wally shakily opened the door with a ding and walked into the little run down gas station. Jessica, the store clerk, saw him and immediately left the customer (Barry!!!) and ran over to him.

"Oh My God Wally your face!" She exclaimed looking at his bruised cheek. Jessica knew about his situation and always bought the beer for him so he didn't have to steal.

Wally's Pov

"Did 'He' hit you again?" She questioned. I just nodded and whispered

"He wants some more beer Jess. He threatened me again"

Jessica nodded her head in understandment and left me alone with the strange costumer.

"Hi I'm Barry" the man says sticking out his hand. I involuntarily flinched and took a step back.

"Barry's not going to hurt you Wally he's not like him" Jessica said coming back from behind the counter.

She hands me the bag and before I leave she says "Wally please be careful."

I smile and lie "don't worry Im used to it" I walk out the door, pretending not noticing the tear that fell down her face, and dreadfully walk back home.

It's times like this that I wish the Flash would save me but I stopped hoping a long time ago.

When I was seven I re-created the hypothetical experiment I found online and after tweaking it a bit I gained super speed. I knew I had an Uncle Barry and that he was the Flash. I never saw him but I found his notebook in our garage and used all his formulas which helped me recreate the experiment in the first place.

The downside of having 'flash powers' is that I need to eat a lot more and I don't get to eat much as it is. I stop and dreadfully stare at the apartment door. Welcome home I guess.

I remembered to take the beer out of the bag so Dad doesn't think I bought it. I walk in the door and set the beer in the table in front of him.

"There that wasn't so bad was it" he slurred. "N-no" I whispered before I realized my mistake.
"S-sir" but it was to late.

"Take off your shirt boy" he ordered. Not wanting to make the punishment worse I did what he asked. I could feel the anger radiate off of him.

"I got some new toys boy. They'll make ya learn" He pulled out an actual whip and I trembled with fear.

He kicked me to the ground leaving my scarred back open. He hit me with the whip and I bit back a scream.

"You"

Hit hit

"Will"

Hit hit

"Never"