Phonecall from Home

Here two chapters in one day ya happy now?

It's been a week since Dick and I started dating. I don't know what I did to deserve someone like him. We started texting when I got a phone and the team, minus Artemis, has really warmed up to me.

We're all sitting in the living room trying to decide what to watch.

"We should watch finding Nemo!" Dick argued glaring playfully at M'gaan

"nooo" she called "we should watch Hello Megan!"

"You've see it a thousand times!"

"So?!"

"GUYS" Kaldur yells getting everyone's attention. "Since Wally's new, it should be Wally's choice"

Everyone agrees, except Artemis, who sits glaring at the wall. It's gets quiet and most eyes are an me. I start to get nervous.

"W-Well U-Umm I've n-never really w-watched t-tv before" I mumbled.
I look up to see everyone staring at me in shock, even Artemis.

"My d-dad n-never really let me
w-watch tv" I twiddled my thumbs until Dick placed his hands on mine.

"It's ok" he said, a sad smile playing on his lips.

"W-Why don't we w-watch
f-finding n-nemo?" I suggested. I didn't know what it was but if Dick liked it then I wanna like it. Kaldur nodded and put in the movie.

~~~~don't mind me Timeskip~~~~

Halfway through the movie I hear my phone ring. Thinking its uncle Barry I answered.

"Hello?" I said quietly

"Wallace"
I froze. How did he get this number? I look at Dick and tell him I'll be right back.
I walk until I think I'm out of the teams hearing (he's not(hint hint)) and take a deep breath

"What do you want" I snap angrily

"Wallace please I need you. Please tell me what I did wrong"

my fathers voice sounds so sad but I know he's only acting. He just wants money, or me back. I snap

"WHAT YOU DID FUCKING WRONG? YOU BEAT ME UNTIL I COULNT FUCKING SEE STRAIGHT! GOD I kept it a secret for years dad but I can't  take it any longer. I have nightmares about you every night.

I was afraid for my life! I had to steal for you. And if that's not enough I still loved you through the whole thing. I thought it was my fault. I thought I deserved the beatings you gave me. I thought I deserved to be punished.

I thought that I wasn't good enough so I did everything you told me to I got good grades but if I even had an A- you would beat the shit out of me until I passed out! I tried so hard to keep on loving you but I've had enough.

I hate the way I look at myself in the mirror because I have to see every scar and bruise you gave to remind me of my failure"

tears were streaming down my face but I continued

"I had to lie to uncle Barry because I thought if he knew what you did to me he would hate me for being so weak and disgusting. So I bottled up the all pain and held in every tear.

But I'm done hiding it dad, I thought for years that maybe one day you would stop drinking and you get better. You would stop blaming me for moms death so we could finally be a family, but looking back?

You would hit me even when mom was alive and I wasn't even 5 years old.
You..."

I pause for a moment trying to gather my courage.

"Wallace-" dad growled a warning but I cut him off.

"Shut up fucker Im not done yet. You took away my goddamn virginity dad. My virginity!
My own father raped me and it was the only thing I had left!

And as if that's not bad enough you sold my body for money. You branded me, tourtured me, whipped me, carved things into my skin, tasered me so long I have a bad stutter when I'm nervous or scared, would you like me to go on cause I have a longer fucking list.

A child is supposed sleep on the bed not under it. Get that through your thick skull Dad."

I didn't care anymore. I'm on a roll and this train ain't stopping,

"I have a real family now. I have a wonderful aunt and uncle who care about me more than anything and they have never lifted a finger against me.

I have the most beautiful boyfriend in the world, who I love beyond belief.

So I don't need you, coming back into my life, RUINING, everything they worked so hard to fix. Don't you ever contact me again dad. I'm done living in fear of you"

"I'll find you!" He yells "And I'll make you regret the day you were born!"

"I already do"

I snap my phone shut and fell to the ground shaking in relief. My nerves are shot and I feel really jittery but I'm so happy. I can't believe I actually did it, I finally told him everything I was so afraid to say.

I hear breathing and I know I've been caught.
laughing I say, "guys I know your there you don't have to hide" I stand up and turn around to see there astonished faces "sorry guys I should have waited until a more private time I'm sor-"

I'm cutoff by Dick running into my arms and crying followed by M'gaan, Conner, and Kaldur. Artemis just stands in front of me frozen with a strange look in her eyes.

"Your father did all that to you?" She whispered, not looking me in the eye.

"Yeah" I whispered back

"I know what that feels like"

I look at her "You do?"

She nods "my father did that two but my mom saved me from it when I was 10"

I smiled "I'm glad you got out of it then" I held out my hand, which I had to pry away from Dick first, and said "No hard feelings?"

She took my hand "No hard feelings"

Dick pulled me away from the group and hugged me tight. "I proud of you" he said

"thanks"

"Hey were missing the movie!"
M'gaan shouts. Dick and I laugh as we join everyone else in the living room. My life is really looking up.