Prologue

"Raylynn come quick" A little boy tells to his sister who was cooking dinner for the two of them. Raylynn turned her head around to look down the hallway to find her brother Tyler crouched over something in the open door way. 

The older sister dropped her soup spoon and made her way over, "Tyler if it's a package just-" and then she paused. The box was a shoebox with a grey blanket wrapped inside. Tyler lifted the blanket and a little baby murmured from the cold.

"Tyler grab the baby and get here to the kitchen" she finally finished. Tyler, did as told, quickly collected the baby box into his arms and shuffled his feet to the kitchen. 

"Where is he from?" Tyler asked as he looked down at the stirring baby. 

Raylynn shoved all the newspapers and books off of the kitchen table to examine the baby. She quickly takes the black box out of her little brothers arms and places it gently on the brown table. The blankets surrounding the baby were lightly peeled away and a little baby's white socks and pink leggings appeared. 

"Tyler he is a she," Raylynn teased her brother and for the first time in the moment she smiled. But sadly it disappeared in seconds as she turned her back to the table.

'What am I going to do?' Raylynn thought long and hard. 'I can't bring up another kid, I havent even finished high school'

And then a little mumbling caught her attention. 

"Raylynn look, she has two different colored eyes," Little Tyler called, the baby was wide-eyed and gripping her brothers pinky.

Two colors, grey and blue stares up at her. Raylynn touches her cheek as she realizes she has grey eyes and her brother has blue. 

'What does this mean?' She questioned herself. 

Before long she walked over to the little girl and laid her in her arms. 

"Hi little one, welcome the family"