7. The Cafe.

I wake up, after only two more hours of sleep, with the alarm ringing. I forgot that I put the alarm so early, I was supposed to go buy a few stuff for the beginning of the classes.

- Turn that damn thing off. - says Taylor from the other side of the room. And throw a pillow, right in my head.

I get up with a groan and turn the alarm off. There's no way I'm going to fall asleep again, I may as well just go shopping. I groan again to myself, and start to get ready.

Once out of the dorms, I decide that the only way to survive this early in the morning is to go for coffee at the campus cafe. I walk all the way there. The cafe, that actually it's named "The Cafe". Very original may I add. It's a small place, with a few tables inside, with white walls and all the decorations are in different yellow shades. There are two walls with windows that cover from the floor to the ceiling, and one wall covered in pictures of various celebrities, that used to be students here, taking there coffees at "The Cafe".

I made my order and go sit on one of the tables beside the windows, to wait for my coffee. After a minute or two I take my phone out and go throw Instagram to pass time. Suddenly someone takes my phone from my hand. I let a little scream go out, until I see who that someone is. And the panic that I was feeling turns in to shock. 

What the hell is he doing here? He sits on the other chair, right in front of me and starts to go throw my Instagram photos.

- What are you doing here? And can I have my phone back? - I say putting my hand in front of him.

- I'm here to get coffee. What are you doing here? - says with his cocky side smile, without taking his gaze away of the phone.

- Same thing. My phone. - I repeat louder this time.

The barista chose that moment to bring our coffees.

- Vanilla spice latte?

- That's me. - I say and he hand me my coffee.

- Dark espresso. - He says hanging the coffee to Cage.

- Thank you. - Cage says and the barista goes.

- You like your coffee like you like your soul? - I say taking a sip of my drink.

He rolls his eyes and smile at me.

- You should take more photos of you. Like, literally, there are only two photos of you. - He says handing me my phone.

- Well, considering I only have posted ten photos, I don't think it's a bad thing.

  I almost never take photos of myself, for obvious reasons. I never go out, I don't have friends, and I used to have an specific diet. Don't eat unless I'm starving, and is really needful to go out of my room. I used to do my best to not cross pass with the rest of my family. Or anyone really. So, what was I suppose to take the photo of? Besides I only have ten followers, and I don't even know who they are.  

- But the way, now you are following me. - He says with a wink.

- Whatever. - I say rolling my eyes. - So, you go to SU?

- Yep. So do you, right?

- Yeah.

- What's your major?

I give a sigh; I hate that question as much as I hate the "what do you want to do with your life?" question. I mean, a couple of months I go I didn't even care if I lived. Let alone what career or wishes did I have for my future. I fake a smile and answer.

- Don't know yet, you?

- Football. I'm a long snapper.

- Oh. That's really cool. - I say with wide eyes.

- What? - He laughs at my face.

I probably look like a stupid psycho, but really football? He doesn't look like it.

- Nothing. I just... didn't think you... I mean, you don't look like a... - I stutter.

Oh great now, I don't only insult him, but also find a way to look I completely idiot. He gives me a serious look.

- Like an athlete? - He says.

- No, I didn't mean that like that. I just... You are a singer, and I...- I keep trying to defend myself, when he starts laughing till his eyes starts tearing up.

- I know. Everyone things I'm kidding them. Until they seen me play, that is. - He says when he finally stop laughing, but still with amusing in his eyes. - So, you have to come see me play.

- okay. - I say. I mean it's the least I can do after practically laughing at his face for playing football.

- Cool. We have a game this Friday. It's only a friendly game, though. The real ones start later on, in like a month or so.

- It's okay. I'll be there.

- Great. I'll save you a ticket. - He says and gets up.

I get up to and hold his arm.

- Wait! - I say and he turns around and looks at me.

We are so close that I can smell his cologne, my heart starts beating so fast that he probably can hear it. A let go of his hand, and take a deep breath.

- Can you save two tickets? - I say on a shy voice.

His hole body gets tense, and there's no trace of his smile on his face anymore. 

- Boyfriend? - He says through clenched teeth.

- What?! No, it's for my roommate.

He seems to relax a lot with my statement for some reason I don't understand.

- Oh. Sure. Two tickets, then. - His smile back at his face. - See you around, Haley.

He gives me a wink and head out the cafe before I can even replay.

- See you around, Cage. - I say anyway.

After my coffee, I go to the store to actually do what I meant to do since a wake up.

I spend the hall day shopping, with a big smile in my face. For some reason this cute guy chose to talk to me, to invite me to his game. Maybe for a normal seventeen years old this could mean nothing. But for me, the girl who was always ignored for everyone, only been notice for those who make fun at me. This is huge. Probably, the most amazing thing that ever happened to me. And as sad as that it is, I can't actually think of a thing in my life that made me smile so much before.

However, I know he is a on a band and in the football team, plus he is really hot; which means he has hundreds of girls who will kill to be with him. A lot of beautiful girls with model bodies, may I add. So I know he will never chose me as anything else than a friend. And even if I can't say I'm not a little sad about it, I will really appreciate to have a true friend for once in this life.