The Knife

Next Morning:

"Yuki-chan! Get up! Its a new day! Yay!" Cross yelled in the poor girl's ear making her jump and sit up on her bed. She looked around to see if everything was alright.

"Cross-san, please don't scare me like that. I thought it was an earthquake." Yuki scolded Cross lightly and rubbed her eyes. She got out of her bed to the bathroom to freshen up for the breakfast. She was already hungry as she didn't eat anything and simply went to sleep.

She then remembered about Zero. He was in so much pain last night. How was he now? She turned around to ask Cross but he was already gone, bouncing happily his way to Zero's room.'Will ask him later.' she thought and closed the bathroom door.

Cross slowly, quietly opened the door to Zero's room to see that he was already awake and crying.He gasped and run to comfort him. "Zero, are you okay!? Does it hurt again!?" Cross started panicking when Zero didn't answer and continued crying. "Zero, please talk to me. What's the matter?" He asked softly, wiping away his tears and raised his head by his chin. Zero looked at him with wide lilac eyes filled with fear and sadness. This broke Cross' heart. "Mom.... Dad...... They are gone..... She killed them..... " he whispered as he sobbed again. Hearing this, Cross didn't knew what he should do.

Yuki had heard him cry came running into the room. She stood by the door. When Cross assured her that it was fine to come in, she quietly walked to where they were. She saw Zero crying and her gaze softened. She knew the boy had lost his parents, it wasn't hard to understand when she saw those bite marks his neck yesterday when she was helping him clean up, that he was attacked by a vampire and that they were killed.

She did what she thought was the best to do right now. She hugged him. At first Zero stiffened but soon relaxed into the warm hug and he too then hugged her back. Cross took it as his cue and left the kids alone because he believed that right now only they can comfort each other as they have been through the same situation. He walked back into the kitchen to make them a light breakfast and for Kaname too as he would be coming soon.

In the room where Yuki and Zero were hugging each other, Yuki couldn't help but cry too. She understood Zero, she knew what he was going through. Zero had stopped crying when he heard Yuki cry with him too.

Zero pulled out of the embrace and asked, "why are you crying too?" Yuki looked him and said, "Because I understand what you are going through. I've been through it too. That's why." Zero looked for any lies but when he found none, he smiled at the girl softly.

To yuki, he seemed like an angel, his tears stained face and that soft smile with his adorable bedhead. Yuki wiped her tears and smiled too.

"Kids, someone is here to meet you both." Cross said quietly catching their attention. Though he didn't wanted to interrupt the sweet moment, he had to. Kaname was here and wanted to meet them. And breakfast was ready too.

"Yuki-chan, you go ahead. Okay? I need to talk to Zero-kun." He asked Yuki who nodded and left to greet the guest.

"Zero-kun." Cross called out to him. Zero looked up, wiping the remaining tears. He expected him to continue which Cross did. "Why don't you go freshen up for the breakfast and come to greet the guest. And also here are your clothes." Cross placed two huge shopping bags besides his bed. "Where did you get these from? I didn't bring anything with me." Zero asked as he looked at the bags. They were full of clothes which he wasn't sure were his size or not and some other necessities. There were so many clothes... Wow... Who bought them for him..

"Worry not, Zero-kun. They are a small gift from someone to you. I am sure they will fit you perfectly. So pick one pair and get ready and come out for breakfast and meet the guest too. Okay?" He assured the boy and Zero nodded, he got out of his bed and picked out a black jeans which had a chain dangling on its right side and a purple t-shirt which matched the colour of his eyes and had "Mission Accomplished" written on it. He took them and went into bath room. Cross had already put all the things he need in the bathroom, so he left the room to give him space.