The Secret

"Hey.. Are you alright?" a sweet voice asked.

He looked up with his blurry eyes, trying hard to make out who it was.

The figure slowly sat down in front of him and wiped his tears which were now falling down his beautiful face. That person pulled out something white which looked soft and with it, s/he gently wiped his face and eyes.
Once he could clearly see again, he looked at the person. The moonlight with shining down on their figure, lighting with up. Or more like Zero, making he seem like he was not a being of this world.

The person sat there, watching him in awe. "Zero-kun, why are you here?" The person who was a she, asked breaking out of her daze.

"Wakaba-chan?" Zero questioned in a small voice. He looked like a lost child, stuck in a place like this.

"Hai, Zero-kun." She replied with a nod. "I... Don't know whe..re I am.. " he answered Sayori Wakaba's question. "Its alright. Lets get you back, okay?" She said as she stood up and held out her hand for Zero to take which he did. "Zero-kun, if you don't mind then can I ask why you are here at this time? Shouldn't you be resting? After all you took a sick-leave. And why were you, no why are you crying?" She asked, her voice was somehow soothing. "Wakaba-chan, can you take me somewhere else instead of Cross' house or the dorm? Please, I will explain later." Zero said as his headache came back doubled. She nodded and turned towards the way of the opening of the forest. She lead Zero out of the place and towards the fountain which was near Moon dorms where she was patrolling.

Sayori Wakaba, a day class student and a substitute prefect assigned by Cross, just in case if Zero was unable to do his duty for whatever the reason be then she would cover for him as she was doing today until she heard the screams coming from the direction of the forest. She left her post to check if it was one of the students who sneaked out but to her surprise, it was Zero who was the one screaming and crying while clutching his head.

So letting her curiosity get the best of her, she walked over to him and tried to comfort him. And right now, while walking to the fountain with him made her remember how she first met Zero.

(Flashback, 2 years ago)

A young Sayori sighed as she made her way towards her dorm room where she will be rooming with another girl who was a complete stranger to her. She didn't have any experience of dorm life. Her father never had put her in one and this time it was different because he would be moving to America and he couldn't take her along. Her mother had long divorced her father because she didn't want a child.

She grew up with her doting father who would do anything for her and she always had been a good child, making her father proud. And thats why she didn't protest, if her father believed that she could manage living in a dorm then she would do it.

She picked up her pace once her room was in sight. She slowly approached the door and banged it open, surprising the other occupant of the room. The other girl was staring at her with wide eyes. She looked shocked/surprised by the sudden banging of the door.

"Ahmm... Sorry about that. I was a bit excited and scared and couldn't control myself. By the way, I am Sayori Wakaba." Sayori smiled apologetically at the girl and introduced herself. It took the other girl a second to recover from her shock and suck in what Sayori said.

She smiled and said,"It's alright. I understand where you are coming from and I am Yuki Cross. Nice to meet you, Wakaba-chan." Yuki waved at her to come inside as from now on they are going to be roommates. "Please call me Sayori or better yet Yori. Wakaba is quite formal, don't you think? Yuki-san." Sayori said softly and smiled her.

She thought that she might never along with her roommate but guess she was wrong. Yuki Cross seemed like a nice girl. Maybe they will become friends. But then who knows? "Well then, Yori-chan! Call me Yuki, no need for -san. Hehe! We are the same age!" She said and Sayori nodded happily. The rest of the day went peacefully as they still had two days before the school year starts and Sayori was busy getting to know Yuki which was a real fun.