Sidestory: Cuddle day!

"Zero! Zero! where are you!?" a little Yuki shouted as she ran down the hall. "Yuki-chan, what's the matter?" Cross asked the girl, coming out of kitchen with a large bowl in his left hand and a wooden spoon and wearing a frilly little purple apron. "Cross-san, where is Zero? I can't seem to find him anywhere!" She asked as she stomped her feets lightly, pouting in an adorable way making Cross chuckle at her.

"I guess he is out for a walk or maybe taking a nap somewhere outside the house. But why do you need to find him so urgently?" Yuki sighed when he said that and told him, "I want to cuddle......Thats it..." she said quite timidly. Cross blinked at her a couple of times and then squealed, singing 'my adorable son and daughter cuddling~~ Camera! camera!' He rushed inside to find his camera and left Yuki on her own.

Yuki shook her head at her adoptive father's child like behavior and smiled. She then ran to the front door and went out to find Zero so that she could cuddle with him.

Just as she went out, Cross came in with his camera and was about to call out to Yuki but he realized that she already left to find Zero. He sighed and placed the camera on the dining table as he made his way back to the kitchen and resumed his cooking.

Its been 4 months since Zero came to live with them. And he had opened up to him and Yuki nicely. The young boy was a darling, kind and soft-spoken. Yuki grew very much attached to him in the short span of time and she wouldn't even leave him when sleeping, she would climb in his bed at night and sleep next to him while clutching his hand in her's.

To Kaien, such moments were precious. He had always loved kids and always wanted to have his own but he knew he could never have because of his sexual preference. So when the opportunity knocked his door, he opened it. When Kaname brought Yuki to him, asking him to adopt her. He was delighted to core. He had instantly agreed and later after four years, he got to adopted another child whom he could call his own like Yuki.

This was true happiness to him, being able to be with his kids everyday, watching them grow up in front his eyes. 'AH....These little moments....' he thought fondly.

With Yuki

She ran around their home and
the garden but she didn't find Zero anywhere. She sighed and sat down on the porch.

"Where are you, Zero?" Yuki mumbled. "Here." Yuki jumped and screamed. She turned around and saw Zero standing there, covered in dry leaves and grass. "DON'T SCARE ME LIKE THAT!" she shouted as she tried controlled her crazily beating heart. While Zero brushed off the grass and leaves.

"Ah...Sorry about that." Zero apologised but he looked too smug. "Nu-uh, you don't look at all sorry! Zero, you meanie!!" Yuki cried/yelled. "Fine, fine. Anyways why were you looking for me?" he asked, wiping away the smug look as Yuki glared at him. Tried to at least.

Suddenly she jumped, surprising Zero. "Oh! how could I forget! Zero, hurry up and lets go in!" Yuki said happily and dragged Zero along inside the house.

"Ah..Yuki-chan, seems like you finally found Zero-chan! Well do you kids want to have something? I made some macaroni with some shake." Cross asked as he come out of the kitchen, wiping his hands with his apron. Kaien maybe not a good cook but he certainly made the best milkshakes! of which both Zero and Yuki enjoyed.

"Well, how about we have the shake first? because Yuki and I are not that hungry yet." Zero tried to skip eating the macaroni because last time when he made it...Lets say it looked good but was not.... edible. Beside him, Yuki nodded her head quickly. But actually, she was hungry and her tummy was rolling, after all she used so much of her energy on finding Zero. But she didn't want to sacrifice her taste buds nor her health. She could get Zero to make her something.

"Is that so? Well, alright then! Two shakes for two adorable children coming right up!" Kaien said happily and went into the kitchen to get the shake. By the way, he made vanilla milkshake today.(KUROKO)

The kids giggled at the ex-hunter's antics. Zero then turned to Yuki who looked at him questioningly.

"So Yuki, why did you need me so urgently?" Zero asked and raised an elegant brow. "Oh that! Today is cuddle day and I want to cuddle with you!" She said and grined."Why is today 'cuddle day', Yuki?" "Because I said so." "Whah..........t?" Yuki huffed and pulled him to the living room and forced him to sit on the sofa and sat down next to him and cuddled close. Instinctly he moved close and cuddle too. He sighed. Yuki can be really bossy when she wants to be.

Kaien came in with the drinks but didn't see the kids. So he checked the living room and saw the little cuties cuddled together on sofa. He sighed happily and moved to give them the shakes which both of them accepted readily.

He sat down his leather recliner, drinking green tea which he made for himself. Soon the kids finished off their drinks and went back to cuddling and chatting. Kaien sat there, watching fondly as they interact. He truly treasured such moments.

After a while of talking and laughing, both of them fell asleep. Kaien noticed the sudden silence and saw them sleeping. He smiled and brought a blanket to cover them. He picked up the empty cup and glasses, placed on the kitchen counter to wash them later. He then made his way to his office to work on the matters and papers related to the academy plan. Will wake them up in some hours or so. He thought and began his works.