New Friends

Chapter Four
I do not own these characters. All rights go to Stan Lee, Jack Kirby and whoever owns DC comics. I do own the plot of this story though. Thats mine.

It is silent in the conference room on the Watchtower. None of the league members are sure what to say about what they just saw.

Finally John speaks "I believe that we now know that Peter isn't a threat."

"I agree. But what do we do about him being here" adds Superman.

"How... how is he still sane? My bad guys aren't even in the same league as his! And he's been doing this since he was 14! I don't have anything that compares to his life." Flash says sounding almost traumatized.

"You can't compare yourself to him Barry. Different people deal with different things. You can only focus on your on life and offer your help with other people's." Batman of all people reassure him.

"He has the heart of a true warrior and the mind of a scholar. He is the kind of man who can persevere through anything." Wonder Woman states.

"I agree with you on that Diana." Hawkgirl adds.

"Now back to the matter on hand, what do we do with him?" asks Aquaman "We can't exactly ask him to join the League. He isn't an adult at the moment. The press would have a field day if they found out we let a minor on the League."

Batman interjects at this point "I believe I have a solution for that." everyone turns to look at Batman. "I've been sitting on this idea for a while. It involves our sidekicks as well."

"Well spit it out already Bruce" Superman says getting impatient.

"We could have are sidekicks form a team, we can include your cousin Clark and your niece as well J'onn, for covert missions that are to small for us to go on. Like a trial period for the League, a sort of Young Justice program."

"Hmm. Thats a good idea Bruce. We should do it. Now we just have to see if he will be okay with it." Superman tells Batman.

"That is the plan" replies Batman.

<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>

Back in the infirmary Batman has just finished telling Peter his plan. "Wow. Thats ah... a lot to process. I'll have to give it some thought." Peter replies to what he was just told.

"Well you have a week and a half. Thats how long it will take to get your background ready for however long you are going to be here." Batman tells him matter of factly before leaving the room.

'This really is a lot to process' Peter thinks to himself. 'I'm not even sure if I still want to be Spider-man again. Oh well, I do have a week and a half. Right now I need a nap.'

<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
A half of a week later...

Peter is looking out the observation window (now decked out in some boot cut blue jeans, a black zip up hoodie, a Flash t-shirt, and a pair of black converse, all of which he got from Flash) thinking about what he is going to do in this new world.

Well his thoughts are wandering he doesn't notice those two girls from before enter the room. "I'm telling you M'gann, I have to take you to Gotham to meet Barbara. You're going to love her!" Supergirl rants to the green skinned girl now known as M'gann.

"Well... only because you're being so insistent Kara, and because you're really my only friend." M'gann says shyly to girl now known as Kara.

"Great! Lets get... hey isn't that the new guy?" Kara starts before noticing Peter. "I believe so" M'gann replies noticing Peter as well. "Come on lets go talk to him. He looks kinda lonely. And I want to know why he called me Gwen." Kara states, dragging M'gann in Peters direction.