Schooled

Guess who's back, back again. Welcome to another chapter of my story. I own nothing of it. It belongs to Marvel and Disney and DC. So enjoy.

Mt. Justice
Dick, Barbra, Peter, Kara and M'gann, were standing around a holographic game of air hockey between Wally and Kaldur, all of them in uniform. Wally had just scored the last point on Kaldur -while eating a banana- when the caves recognition system went of alerting them to someone coming to the cave.

"Recognize, Superboy, B zero four." The computerized feminine voice said, as Conner came stomping out of the Boom Tube angrily.

"Hi Connor." M'gann greeted. "How was Metropolis?" She asked only to get nothing in reply as he stormed through the hologram.

Peter frowned at Connors actions, and leaned over to Kara "What do you think has his tights in a twist? He asked his blonde friend, getting a shrug in return.

Behind everyone, someone cleared their throat to get their attention before speaking. "Ready for training everyone" the person said revealing themselves to be Black Canary, with Martian Manhunter beside her.

"Black Canary." M'gann said before exclaiming "Uncle J'onn!" Going up and hugging him before backing away.

The older Martian placed his hand on his nieces shoulder. "M'gann, I was in the neighbourhood. So I thought I'd see how you were adjusting."

"A few bumps, but I'm learning." M'gann said smiling.

"Yeah, don't worry, adult double M. M'gann's doing just fine." Peter spoke up.

"Thank you Peter, that is all I can ask." Martian Manhunter said.

"Stick around" Black Canary said to Connor who was walking away, getting him to turn around and fold his arms over his chest. "Class is in session."

Black Canary walked into the centre of  the circle on the ground, as she reached the centre, the whole thing turned white. This was actually the training area of the cave and this section used holographic technology. "I consider it an honour to be your teacher. I'll throw a lot at you." She said while taking off her jacket. "Everything I've learned from my own mentors, uh!" She exhaled "And my own bruises." She said grasping her left arm.

"What happened?" M'gaan asked, concern lacing her voice.

"The job" both Peter and Black Canary answered. Canary glanced at Peter and shot him a small smile.

Canary threw her jacket out of the ring and put her hands on her hips. "Now, combat is about controlling conflict. Putting the battle on your terms. You should always be acting, never reacting." She told the team. "I'll need a sparring partner."

Kid Flash stuck his hand in the air, still eating his banana. "Right here! Yeah." He said through his banana. "After this,  swish!" He said throwing his banana peel in the garbage. "I'll show you my moves." He said with a flirtatious tone in his voice. As if was the simultaneous thought of everyone else in the room. Black Canary just got a dangerous smirk on her face before throwing a right cross that Kid Flash blocked, a look of surprise on his face, before Black Canary swept his legs out from under him. A blue circle appeared on the floor around his head with a text box connected to it saying, Kid Flash Status: FAIL. "Uhh, Oww. Hurts so good." He moaned in pain.

"Good block." Canary said. "But did anyone see what he did wrong?" She asked the group.

"Ooh, ooh. He hit on teacher and got served." Robin mocked getting a hi five from Spider-Man and an indignant 'Dude!' from Kid Flash.