Down Time

Welp, here is the next chapter true believers. Remember, I don't own the characters of this story, that belongs to Marvel, and by extension, Disney. Read on.

Mt. Justice

The team was walking back into the cave through the boom tube after completing a mission. "Alright everybody, hit the showers, go home and get some sleep." Peter told everyone, taking off his mask. "And remember, we don't have any missions tomorrow, take some down time and do whatever you want."

"Head home? I am home." Connor joked, as he and the team walked to the showers.

"Ha ha, you're hilarious." Peter mocked, rolling his eyes before the settled on the resident Atlantian of the team. "Hey Kaldur, stick around for a second will ya?"

"Is there something you would like to talk about Peter?" Kaldur asked, wondering why he had been kept behind.

Peter nodded in response to Kaldur's question. "Yeah. Don't worry though, you're not in trouble or anything." He said, "I was just wondering if you were okay, you didn't seem like your head was in the game out there."

Kaldur sighed before answering, "You are correct, as of late, I have been wondering if I truly belong on the surface world." He confided in his leader. "For years it has filled my every thought, but now, my thoughts are all of Atlantis."

Peter nodded, smiling as he recognized the look in Kaldur's eyes. "Atlantis? Or someone you left behind?" He asked his friend, and chuckled as he watched Kaldur's eyes widen in surprise. "Come on lets go have a seat." He said gesturing to the living area in the cave.

"How did you know?" Kaldur asked Peter, as they sat down.

"Because, I've had the same look in my eyes that you do a few times." He told Kaldur. "So what's her name? Or his, I don't judge."

"Her name is Tula." Kaldur said, smiling at the thought of her, "We have known each other for many years, and I have been in love with her for nearly all of that time."

"Well then, get some rest for tonight, and go home to Atlantis tomorrow." Peter told Kaldur. "It'll do you some good to go home. And take my advice... tell her."

"But what if she does not feel the same way?" Kaldur asked, concern laced in his voice.

"That is a possibility, but trust me, either way you'll feel better afterwards." Peter explained.

"Thank you Peter. For talking to me. I will try and do as you say, and confess to Tula." Kaldur said. "And... if I may ask, who is it that you are in love with?"

Peter's eyes widened a little, and he smiled sadly. "Her name was Mary Jane, and she was the love of my life before she was taken from me." He told Kaldur. "She still is really, I don't think I'll ever stop loving her."

"I am sorry for asking, I did not mean to open a wound." Kaldur apologized, bowing his head in respect. "Please forgive my transgression."

"It's okay, you didn't and had no way of knowing what happened." Peter reassured Kaldur.

"Thank you for your forgiveness Peter." Kaldur said.

"No problem Kaldur." Peter said, standing up. "Now go and get some sleep."

Walking away, Peter thought of another question, "One last thing. This Tula, she a redhead?"

Kaldur openly gaped. "How could you possibly have guessed that?"

Peter laughed loudly as he walked away, "In my experience, a redhead is the only type of woman that can distract a guy this much."

<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>~<~><~><~><~><~><~>