Denial

5524 words, Merry Christmas everyone. Remember that I own none of this story.

Mt. Justice

"Alright Bubbles, are we linked?" Peter asked his Martian friend.

"Yup. You, Barbara and Kara are all set." M'gann told her friend.

"Good, then come at me Blossom." Peter told Kara. Today, the members of Young Justice are testing if Peter's spider-sense works for the rest of the team.

Kara did just as Peter asked, launching at him with a right hook aimed at his jaw. Listening to his spider-sense he dodged to the left and jumped over the spinning back-kick the blonde tried to hit him with.

"You getting this Buttercup?" Peter asked Barbara, making sure that his spider-sense was getting through to her.

"I am, it's still weird though." The redhead said. "Has it always been a buzzing in the back of you head?" She asked.

"Yeah, it's always been that way." He responded, still avoiding Kara's attacks. "Okay, Blossom, we can stop now." He told her, but she kept trying to hit him, all with a smile on her face. "Come on Kara, stop it, this is not a game of hit the spider."

"Come on Pete, this is one if my favourite games." She told him laughing at his plight. "And it's really good training too. No one dodges like you can."

"Yeah, yeah, but we have something important to test." Peter told her, thinking about the few other people who could do the things he can.

Kara finally relented, "Fiiiiiiiinnnnneeeeeee." she said, rolling her eyes. "You ready Babs?"

"You bet I am." Barbara said, stepping into the ring as Peter jumped out. Kara nodded and launched herself once again at her other best friend, admittedly at a slower pace then she did with Peter though.

"Are you getting anything Barbara?" Peter asked from the ringside.

"No, that buzzing isn't here when Kara's trying to hit me." She told Peter.

"Nothing at all?" The web-head asked, just to make sure.

"No, there's nothing." Barbara assured him.

"Hmm, that's a shame" Peter told them, "But I honestly wasn't expecting it to work like that."

"Why not Peter?" M'gann asked the web slinger.

"It's a little odd to explain, but it has to do with the Web of Life and Destiny." Peter started to explain, only to be interrupted by Red Tornado coming down from a hole in the ceiling.

Wally, who had been leaning against a wall watching the spar, ran over to Red Tornado to ask the android a question. "Do you have a mission for us?"

"Mission assignments are the Batman's responsibility." Red Tornado monotonously replied.

"Yeah, well, the Batman is with the Robin doing the dynamic duo thing in Gotham." Wally said,  "But you're heading somewhere, right? Hot date? Or a... a missiòn?"

"Why aren't you in Gotham with them?" Kara whispered to Barbara.

"You heard Wally, they're doing their dynamic duo thing." She told her best friend, an annoyed tone in her voice.

"If we can be of help that is." Kaldur said, he had also been watching the spar.

Red Tornado turned his back to the teens and began typing on a holographic keyboard, an image of an old man appeared on the screen, the man was wearing a black suit and carrying a cane with a gold handle.