Chapter 6

He lodged the syringe into Nick Fury's right shoulder. He screamed in pain and threw Steve off of him. I just stood there. I couldn't believe what just happened before me. Nick collapsed to the ground knocking over one of my lab tables. Then I looked over at Steve and he looked like he was having a seizure. I ran over and turned him on his back.

"Tony." Steve said.

"What?" I said.

His veins protruded out of his head and his fists clenched on his chest.

"You, need to get out-" he let out a ear piercing scream.

"Steve!" I screamed.

"Why are you resisting Mr. Rogers?" that same deep voice boomed around me.

"I will not fight my own soldier. No matter what the pain!" Steve said, then let out another scream of pain.

"I knew you were too soft for this." the voice said. "Fury! Your turn to help!"

I turned and saw Nick Fury standing above me with sweat dripping down his face. I quickly got up and ran to my jacket with the suit in it.

"You can't run from me, Stark!" Fury said, reaching for his gun.

The suit quickly attached together around me. Fury shot his pistol at me and it deflected off my suit.

"You're gonna need something bigger than that." I mumbled.

I shot a beam from my hand at Fury. He collapsed to the ground.

I dragged him to the lab table and strapped him in.

"What did Cap stab you with?" I asked myself.

"You won't escape me that easily. I will be back. I have a friend. He likes getting angry." the voice said.

The word angry echoed through the room.

My mind flashed back to New York. Loki, Chitauri, the bomb, the explosion, everything flashed before my eyes. I felt my legs become weak and I fell. I couldn't breathe.

"Tony?" I heard a faint voice say.

"Pepper?" I asked, dazed.

"No, Steve." he said.

I broke out of the pain and back into reality.

"You aren't gonna try to stab me with a needle are you?" I asked.

He laughed and said, "No. I can fight off that guy. Just not very well. You see, his voice commands me. Us, actually."

"Who's, us?" I said, not wanting to hear the answer.

"Well, the team. And Pepper. And now Nick here." Steve said.

'This is just perfect.' I thought.

"So, whenever you hear his voice, you follow anything he says?" I repeated, still not believing it.

"Yes. He injected us all with some sort of blue stuff that makes that happen. I don't know what it's called though. He also planted a tiny microphone in our ears to command us on the go. But I got some sense and took it out at my apartment." Steve explained.

"Hmm. Does the number 24691 sound familiar?" I asked.

"Actually, yeah! That was the number on the tube!" he said.

"Great. I know where the stash is." I said.