Ink Me Up (Kyle)

Present Day

After about a year and a half and a couple thousand dollars later, I finally get to finish my deep sea themed sleeve. I've been going to the same amazing artist since my very first tattoo, which was the beginning of my sleeve.

I walked through the tattoo parlor excited to finally finish what I started a year and a half ago. I walked up to the counter to be greeted by the blue haird receptionist, Sally. "Hey Sal. Guess who's back?" I asked her smiling.

"Y/N! I see that today is your last session for your sleeve! I'm excited for you! Devin is about to come back from his lunch break. I'll let him know you're here, though. Please, take a seat and he'll call you right up." Sally responded back.

I nodded and made my wait into the seating area. I looked pasted the front desk to see a bunch of college students loudly talking to one another getting tattooed. Ignoring them, I grab a magazine with Megan Massacre on the front cover from the coffee table in front of me and began skimming through it.

"Whoa! That's some badass tattoos!" I heard someone say, their voice full of amazement.

I looked up and saw a cute shaggy curly blonde haired boy looking down at my right arm. He was wearing the same black shirt with gold writing as the other college students making me think that they must all be frat brothers.

I laughed "Thanks! They hurt like hell but I'm damn proud of it."

He laughed and sat down next to me. "It bet. But they look great!"

I smiled up at him finally getting the chance to look at how beautiful his warm brown eyes are. "So what about you? Are you and your frat brothers getting matching tattoos to forever remember your college days?" I asked nodding towards the others still getting tattooed.

He shook his head. "No actually. My mom would kill me if I got a tattoo. I'm just here for moral support, I guess." He laughed looking down at his lap.

"I understand. If I were still living with my mother, I bet she'd cut my arm off. She loathes tattoos." I responded back.

He looked back up at me and smiled. We stayed silent for awhile until he looked back down at my tattooed covered arm. "So you really like the ocean, huh?" He asked, trying to make casual conversation. "Oh and, my name is Kyle. Kyle Spencer."

I nodded "It's a pleasure, Kyle. My name is Y/N and yes, I do. Ever since I was a little girl, I loved to swim and I loved The Little Mermaid. I always wanted to be a mermaid. Just between you and me, I actually still kind of do." I laughed. "My friends call me mermaid because I basically spend all my time in the water. Whether it be in a pool or in the ocean."

He smiled brightly at me, flashing me his dimpled cheeks. "That's amazing! You're a kid at heart and that's very admirable."

I nodded "yeah. I never thought of it like that. I guess you're right."

"Hey Y/N. I'm ready for you! Let's finish this thing!" I heard a familiar voice say in front of me.

I looked up and saw Devin, my tattoo artist, looking down at me. I smiled up at him and nodded.

I got up from the couch but I soon felt a hand grab my wrists. A pleasant set of chills ran up my arm and through my body. "I'd really like to see your sleeve once it's done. Do you think you and I can meet up tomorrow? Maybe for lunch?"

I looked down at Kyle who was still sitting on the couch and smiled, nodding my head to answer his question. I went to the front desk grabbing a pen and walking back to Kyle. I grabbed his arm and wrote my number on the back of his hand.

"I would love to go to lunch with you, Kyle. Call me tomorrow so we can meet up."