All the Way (Jimmy)

1957

"Come sing to me, Jimmy." I said to Jimmy as he walked through the bedroom door of our home that we purchased after what Dandy did to our family.

He looked over to me where I was laying on our bed under the covers.

He smirked showing off his cute dimpled cheeks. "I don't wanna ruin your hearing, darling. I'm not all that great."

Jimmy walked around our room, taking off his street clothes looking to change into his pjs.

I sat up on my knees in the middle of our bed watching Jimmy.

"Aw, come on, sweetheart. You know that's not true! You have a beautiful voice!" I whined, trying to convince my gorgeous husband.

He slid on his black sweat pants and white wife beater shirt. He walked over towards his side of the bed as I scooted over to my side of the bed, still on my knees. He slid under the covers and wrapped his left arm around my waist pulling me down to lay next to him.

I got under the covers and cuddled up close to his chest. His left arm still wrapped around my waist and his right hand playing with the hairs on the back of my head. He rested his chin on top of my head. I gripped the front of his shirt in a tight fist, not wanting to let him go.

"It'll help me sleep. Please?" I begged one more time, hoping that it would work.

Jimmy continued to play with my hair but didn't say a word.

I sighed and closed my eyes, giving up.

After three minutes of silence. I felt Jimmy's chest rumble with vibrations and a beautiful soft sound filled my ears.

"When somebody loves you, it's no good unless he loves you all the way."

I pull away slightly from Jimmy's chest and look up at him. He looks down at me with his warm brown eyes; eyes filled with strong affection. He smiles at me and continues to sing.

"Happy to be near you, when you need someone to cheer you all the way." Jimmy sings softly.

I lean up and lightly press a kiss to his jaw. I pull away and rest my head against his chest once again; listening to his voice and feeling the vibrations that I know, will soon lull me into a warm and comforting sleep.

"Who knows where the road will lead us. Only a fool would say. But if you'll let me love you, it's for sure I'm gonna love you all the way, all the way."

He stops signing to hum the instrumental part of the song.

With his singing and the constant feel of his fused prosthetic fingers still playing with my hair, I can already feel my eyes getting heavy with sleep and my body relaxing.

"So if you'll let me love you, it's for sure I'm gonna love you all the way, all the way."

He finishes signing.

The room is quiet. Nothing but our soft breathing filled the air.

"Thank you." I whisper, my voice sounding heavy with exhaustion.

Jimmy leans down and kisses the top of my head, "anything for you, Mrs. Darling."