Sneeze Attack (Kit)

1965

Kit was released from Briarcliff Manor earlier this year. All he's been wanting to do was spend every single second of the day and night with me. I don't blame the man. You spend half a year locked up for being falsely accused of committing a crime you didn't commit. It'll get to you; especially when you leave behind your significant other of four years. 

Tonight was no different. Kit wanted to go out on an actual date; something we haven't done since before he was thrown into the asylum. He wants to take me somewhere lavish and expensive. I told him it wasn't necessary since I was more than happy just spending time together in bed cuddling; but he insisted.

As I was finishing up getting ready, Kit walked into our shared bedroom. I was walking to my vanity to spray myself with the new perfume Kit had bought me when he was released. I felt Kit press his chest up against my back and his arms wrap around my waist. I look up at the mirror and notice Kit putting his head down to rest his forehead against my shoulder.

"You look so beautiful. You always look beautiful but I haven't seen you dressed up like this in a long time." Kit whispered.

I smiled and turned around in his arms to face him. I grab a hold of his face in my hands and look up deeply into his warm brown eyes; they sparkle with joy and love. I lean in and press my lips gently onto his soft thin lips that I loved oh so very much.

"Thank you, Kit. Now, I'd stand back if I were you. I'm going to spray myself with the perfume you got me, so unless you want to be sprayed in the face, I'd move." I smiled up at him.

He kissed my forehead and pulled away to stand a couple feet away from me. I turned around and grabbed the new bottle of perfume. I held it against my neck and sprayed. The sweet smell of candy from the perfume filled my nose 

I put the perfume bottle down and turn around to face Kit. His head was slightly tilted back, eyes closed and mouth slightly open; he was in mid-sneeze. Kit covered his mouth with the inside of his elbow and sneezed. I smiled up at him and said "bless you."

Kit looked down at me and smiled. "Thank you, doll. Now, if you're ready, let's get going." He held out his hand for me to grab. I nodded and grabbed his hand.

As we neared his truck, Kit surprised me by sneezing again. I turned to look at him and noticed his eyes were red and puffy. Concern quickly filled my body.

"You alright, Mr. Walker?" I asked as I lightly placed my hand on his cheek.

Kit rubbed his eyes, which might not have been a good idea because now they looked even more red. "I'm fine, Mrs. Walker. I promise. It might just be from the pollen of the flowers or something. I'll be okay once we get in the truck."

He opened the passager door and held out his hand for me. I grabbed ahold of his hand and hoisted myself up into his truck. As Kit closed the door for me, I heard him sneeze again. I watched him move from the passenger door to the driver's side; sneezing a total of four times. When he hopped into the truck, I noticed his nose was bright red.

He turned to look at me and noticed the concern radiating off of me. "I'm fine, I swear." He smiled at me.

He started the car and drove off to the fancy restaurant he wanted to take me.

Throughout the drive, I kept looking at Kit from the corner of my eyes. I noticed that he was either constantly rubbing his red nose or constantly rubbing his eyes.

Once we were out of the countryside and into the city, I opened my window in hopes that some fresh air will help.

The cool fresh air was blowing through my hair making me feel refreshed. I turned to look at Kit and noticed he was doing worse than when we were back at home.

Realization finally dawned at me. It's my perfume. He didn't have this, what seemed to be, allergic reaction until after I put on my perfume.

"Kit, stop the car." I told him.

"What? Why?" He asked, genuinely confused.

"Please." I begged.

Kit pulled over to the side of the road. I got out of the car and walked to the back of his truck where I knew he kept water in case of emergencies.

Kit got out of the car and watched me as I unscrewed the cap of a water bottle.

I poured the water onto each side of my neck where I sprayed the perfume earlier today.

Kit turned his head and sneezed. He was quick to grab my hand. "Woah woah woah! What are you doing, sweetheart?" Kit asked.

"You're allergic to the perfume you got me. You're a sneezing and runny nose mess because of me. I'm trying to wash off the scent." I spoke as released myself from his grip and poured more water and started rubbing my neck clean.

He dropped his hand to his side. I could see the wheels in his head turning. He knew I was right.

"Oh god." He whispered.

I put the water bottle down and noticed that his eyes were watery from all the sneezing he's been doing. His cheeks turned from their normal pale state into a rosy red color. The new color quickly traveled from his cheeks to across the bridge of his nose and down to his neck. Kit finally looked at me but quickly looked away; his jaw clenched. I knew right then that he was embarrassed, I just didn't know why.

"God, I'm so sorry. I'm so stupid." He mumbled to me.

My heart broke hearing him say that. "No Kit. No you're not. And don't apologize. I'm the one who should be apologizing. I'm the one who gave you this allergic reaction. I'm sorry." I said.

"Don't apologize." He mumbled his response.

I walked up to him slowly to see if he could still get an allergic reaction from me. When he didn't sneeze, I put my hand against his warm red cheek. I brought his face up so I can get a good look of his still beautiful eyes, despite how red, swollen, and tired looking they were. He tried so hard to look anywhere else but at me. He was ashamed.

I rested my forehead against his. I leaned in and lightly gave his warm soft lips a quick kiss.

"It's okay, Kit. I'm not mad, or embarrassed, or whatever you think I am. It's okay. It was an honest mistake. Don't be so hard on yourself. You know I hate it when you are." I tried convincing him.

He sighed and nodded his head. I knew he wasn't entirely convinced.

"Come on, lets go home. I'll drive." I told him nodding to the truck.

He nodded and walked to the driver's side and held the door open for me. I smiled, kissed his cheek and climbed up into the car. He walked back over to the passenger side and got in. I started the truck and drove off.

As I pulled up to our house, I turned off the truck and looked over at him. I smiled wide, "at least you're not sneezing anymore. Your nose is still a bit red but I think it's cute."

He looked over at me and managed to smile. He got out of the truck and walked over to the driver's side. He opened the door for me and held out his hand for me to take; I gladly obliged.

"Let's just spend the rest of the night cuddling, like always." I told him.

"Agreed. I still owe you a proper date though." He looked over at me and smiled.