Swearing (James)

2016

Living in LA isn't all glam and perfect like they make it seem in movies or reality TV. People here are rude and always in a rush. If I had a dollar for every time that I was accidentally shoved because someone wasn't looking or the amount of times I've gotten honked at by cars, I'd have just about one hundred and fifty dollars; and that would be from just today.

I was walking to the Hotel Cortez on my way to meet James. I had gotten a call from the lovely Liz Taylor that a Mr. James Patrick March requested my presents. 

James was definitely... odd, if you will. He finds pleasure in murdering. I, being his girlfriend for a little over two and a half years, have learned to accept it. It took a lot to do that, mind you, but none the less, I grew to fall in love with him. His charm, his  wit, his very old school personality, and lets not forget his exquisite accent.

I finally saw the Hotel Cortez neon sign just a couple feet away. I felt my spirit lift up and my heart swell at the thought of seeing James again.

I felt my feet pick up speed as I neared the hotel. Not watching where I was going, I felt someone slam their body against mine. I lost my footing and fell on the cold hard concrete sidewalk. I landed with an "unf." I looked behind me to see who literally ran into me and saw a teenaged girl and boy walking by holding hands giggling between one another. "Why don't you fucking take your eyes off of each other and watch where the fuck you guys are going. You could at least apologies, assholes." I shouted at them.

The girl, who had long medium brown straight hair, and boy, who had blond curly hair that went slightly passed his ears, both turned around. Both of them muttered a "sorry." and kept walking.

I got up from the floor and huffed walking towards the entrance of the hotel.

"Hey there, doll. James is waiting for you in his office." Liz told me as soon as she saw me walk into the hotel.

I smiled at her and nodded.

I walked towards the elevator to head up to see my love.

As  soon as the elevator opened its doors to floor 6, I bolted out of it and ran towards room 64. Once I finally found it, I looked down at myself to see if I looked presentable. I noticed my white v-neck t-shirt was slightly dirty from when I feel earlier. My dam had finally broken. I let my anger come out and I screamed. I was so frustrated. I hate it here. I hate the constant shoving and rude people. I just wanted to look decent for James and now my shirt is dirty.

I heard the door in front of me quickly slam open and I looked up to meet a pair of chocolate brown eyes. "My queen! What is wrong? Are you hurt?" James frantically asked as he grabbed my face and moved it from side to side trying to look for blood or any type of damage. I closed my eyes and shook my head no. 

I maneuvered around him and threw myself on his bed. "I'm so sick and tired of all these fucking crowds of assholes who fucking think it's okay to slam into someone and not apologize." I mumbled while my face was shoved against the pillows.

I heard the door close and I heard James walking to the side of the bed. He didn't say anything nor did he do anything. Curiously, I lifted my head away from the pillows and looked up at James. His brown eyes now sparkled with anger. I sat up on his bed and patted the empty seat next to me, telling him to sit down next to me. He didn't.

"A lady should not curse. You have the mouth of a filthy sailor and it is repulsing." James said in between his clenched teeth.

I've never seen James this angry and truthfully, it scared me. I knew what he was capable of.

I wrapped my arms around my torso holding myself tight as if I'm shielding myself from James if he were to physically lash out towards me.

"I wish to never hear you use such foul language ever again. You are my queen and you shall act like one. Understood?" James asked still as furious as before.

I gulped down the lump I felt in my throat and nodded "yes sir."

James' jaw automatically unclenched and his eyes softened.

"Good. Now, are you hurt?"