1

Elena's POV

It's been 2 weeks since Stefan turned his humanity back on, no matter how hard I try to make things feel normal I can't put aside the feeling that something is different about him.

I'm supposed to be meeting him before school but instead I text to say I'm running late, I'm trying my best not to make either of us feel awkward. However, I can't deny my feelings for Damon.

A lot has happened since that moment me and Stefan met on the first day of school, good and bad, but there has never been this bad energy between us so I'm worried.

Stefan's POV

It's not the same between me and Elena anymore,obviously I love her and she loves me, but I feel like she's not as into this relationship as I am.

Maybe she's met someone new? Someone who can treat her better than me. Someone who won't lash out every time something goes wrong in their lives.

Her and Damon seem to be closer than ever. To be honest, I'm jealous. Damon has been in love with her ever since I can remember. What if she is falling for him?

*BRIIINGG* the school bell rings and the students make their way to their classes. Elena catches sight of Stefan from the corner of her eye, but tries not to make eye contact. She knows he'll want to walk with her but she panics and changes direction therefore getting lost in a crowd of other students.

Several hours later
At the end of the school day Elena rushes from her last class and swiftly makes her way home. Her soft, thick brown hair flowed down to her lower back. It cascaded down from her head as if it were a waterfall.

She reaches her house, she is about to put the key in the lock of her front door when she hears someone calling her.

'Elena!' Says a deep voice

She turns around and comes face to face with the owner of the voice.

Millions of thoughts rushed through her mind at this moment, her heart was beating faster than ever and there were butterflies in her tummy.

The only time she had experienced something like this was when she had first met Stefan. But this was better than that, this was a different kind of excitement.

The man's dark jet black hair shone in the sunlight, his piercing blue eyes could put you in a trance. Then, when you thought he couldn't get any hotter, he shot a cheeky smirk at Elena.

It was none other than Damon Salvatore, Stefan's dangerous older brother. He was the guy you would steer clear of in the hallways. Wherever he went, trouble would follow.

However, for some reason, Elena couldn't stop herself from falling for his charm. It was like when she was with him, it consumed her, not in a million years would she have expected herself having these thoughts about her boyfriends brother, but he was irresistible.