2

Elena's POV

I've just been standing here staring at him for a couple of seconds, admiring this moment before it's over. I know it's wrong, but I can't help it.

Me and Damon, we have something, an understanding, but more than that, we have a connection. Sparks fly when we are in the presence of one another.

I think I could be falling for him..no Elena stop! You can't do that to Stefan.
You care about him too much to hurt him like that!

After a long pause I finally say, 'hey Damon, what brings you here?'

'I'm here to see you, Elena'

Elena's face lit up, but in a second went back to normal as if she was covering her excitement

Damon's POV

She looks so beautiful, I want to run up to her and kiss her, but I know I can't. I can't do that to Stefan. No matter what my feelings towards Elena are, I can't hurt my brother.

Why do I always have to fall in love with my brothers girlfriends?? Wait, what me and Katherine had wasn't love, it was all a lie.

Elena taught me how to love, how to care about someone deeply and do everything in your power to protect that person from anything harmful, even if that harmful thing is yourself.

'Why did you need to see me?'

'We need to talk'

'Let's talk inside'

Damon follows Elena through her front door, down the hallway into her kitchen. They both sit down and look at each other. Damon is first to break the silence.

'So, we need to talk about what is going on between us'

'I wasn't aware anything was going on between us, Damon'

'Don't do that with me, act like you can't see what's right in front of you,things have changed between us and you know it'

'What do you want me to say, I have feelings for my boyfriends brother? I thought maybe if we ignore it the feelings might go away because we both know we can't do this to Stefan'

'We can't ignore this Elena, I love you and the fact that you're dating my brother wont change that'

Elena's POV

My heart is racing, I can feel the blood pumping through my veins, it's like time has stood still, me and Damon are the only two people in the world.

In this moment I know, I am in love with him. Nothing or nobody is going to change my feelings for this man. The only thing that is stopping me from pulling him towards me right now is the fact that I also love and care about his brother.

All of a sudden, he glances at me. The gap between us gets smaller and smaller. We are moments away from each other's lips when there's a knock at the door.

Whoever is at the door it better be for something important, I've been dreaming of this moment for months, it was going to be perfect.

I know I should feel guilty, but I just can't pass a chance to kiss Damon. So if I get given a chance to do so, I'll take that chance.

I almost forgot that there had been a knock at the door because I was so caught up in the moment

I get up to answer the door and standing there is the one person I did not want to see right now, Stefan.

Damon's POV

This was going to be the perfect moment, I was so close to kissing the woman I love. It's kind of ironic the reason I couldn't kiss her was because her boyfriend was at the door who also happens to be my brother.

This is going to be awkward...