4

'What are you doing here Klaus??, I thought you went to New Orleans'

But before he had the chance to answer I caught sight of a girl standing closely behind him. All I could see was her beautiful blonde hair, but I could already tell who it was.

'Caroline??, what are you doing here with him??'

Elena's POV

Caroline is my best friend, who hates Klaus as much as everyone else! What has gotten into her??

Are they together???

Maybe he has compelled her since thats the type of person he is, evil, lonely, desperate

'Hey Elena, can we come in?' Caroline said surprisingly happily

'Umm can I speak to you alone for a second care?'

'Sure'

Elena pulled Caroline to the side and in a very confused tone, said
'What the hell are you doing with him, you do realise he's evil, right?'

'Elena, he's changed. He's not that type of person anymore'

'Are you forgetting the part where he killed dozens of people, including my aunt Jenna?'

'Give him a break, I really believe he has changed. I think I might be in love with him.'

'Woah, calm down. Since when were you still even in contact with him??'

'I went to New Orleans to visit him after me and Tyler broke up'

'Fine, I still don't trust him but I will invite him in only because you're my best friend and I don't want things to be bad between us.'

'Thankyou Elena.'

Elena let out a slight smile but it faded when she saw Klaus again

'If I find out you hurt her in any way, I will end you.'

Klaus was shocked, and a little intimidated by Elena's words, yet he replied

'I promise you, I will never hurt her. I love her.'

'Fine, come in'

As Klaus stepped into the house, he walked straight over to Caroline, putting his hand around her waist.

She smiled at him,she looked genuinely happy.

Elena's POV

The way she's looking at him, it reminds me of the way I look at Damon, honestly I'm happy for her.
It looks like she's finally found someone who can make her happy, and at the same time can protect her.

Even if that means I have to deal with the fact that she loves our biggest enemy.

Stefan was still sitting in the kitchen. He had witnessed what was going on and was in shock about what he had just heard.

Klaus saw him and immediately walked over to him

'Stefan my old friend, how have you been?'

'What are you doing here Klaus?'

'I'm here to turn over a new leaf, I told Caroline before I left that I intended to be her last love, however long it takes, I'm happy it didn't take too long'

As he said this he shot a smile at Caroline, she started to blush and Klaus took a moment to admire her beauty.

Then Klaus spoke up,
'We'd better be going then love, we have places to go people to see.'

'I'll only be a minute.I'm just saying goodbye to Elena.'

Klaus opened the door, went to his car sat waiting for Caroline.

'Can you see why I gave him a chance?, Elena, I'm really happy and I think you should be happy for me'

'I am happy for you Caroline, but I just can't trust him, not after everything he's done.'

'I'll prove to you he's changed, but for now, I'll see you later.'

'Bye,Care'

With that, Caroline left Elena's and joined klaus in his car.

He gave her a quick peck on the cheek and they were off

Elena shut her door and started making her way to Stefan in the kitchen.

Only on her way, she heard a noise.
It had come from upstairs, but Jeremy was out of town and Alaric was at Jo's house.

She went upstairs to investigate...

Elenas choiceOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara