3

Elena's POV

I try to act happy to see Stefan, but the truth is, I wished he hadn't showed up. I wished me and Damon could have finished our moment.

If that makes me a bad person so be it, but I can't control falling in love with Damon. I didn't intend to fall in love with him.

At first I hated him, but we became friends and slowly, I began to develop feelings for him. Of course Stefan was always still apart of the picture, but I'm just not as in love with Stefan anymore, things change, people grow.

Damon snuck up on me, before I could even tell what was happening, I found myself savouring every moment we spent together like it was our last.

When my parents died I felt like life would never go on. Stefan helped me through that, he was the one who told me everything was going to be okay.

I need Damon in my life, but I also need Stefan, if I choose one, I will lose the other and I can't bear the thought of not having both of them by my side always.

Stefan walks into the kitchen where Damon is still sitting in the chair trying to process what happened seconds before

'You okay brother? You look like you've just seen a ghost'

'I'm fine Stefan, so why are you here?'

'Well last time I checked this was still my girlfriends house, so the real question is, why are you here?'

'Me and Elena were just talking about..uhh things'

Elena looked at Damon as if she were saying 'don't you dare'

Stefan's POV

Elena keeps looking at Damon weirdly, did I miss something? Is something going on between them?

I brush it off telling myself I'm just paranoid, but I can't help the uneasy feeling that there's something they aren't telling me.

I just hope they are both mature enough to tell me if something is going on. It would hurt me more if they kept something like this a secret from me instead of just telling me straight up.

After many glances back and forth Damon finally speaks up.

'So, I'd better get going then, leave you two love birds alone'

His sarcastic tone of voice only made him cuter.

'Bye, Damon' said Elena and Stefan almost synchronised

When the door slammed shut and they heard Damon drive off in his car, Stefan spoke, however the sound of Stefan's voice made Elena worried that he wasn't himself.

'What's going on between you and  Damon?'

'What makes you think there is anything going on between us??' Elena asks suspiciously

'I see the way you look at him, you don't look at me like that'

'Stefan Salvatore if I didn't know any better I'd say you were jealous'

Stefan loosened up a bit after that again, brushing it off as being paranoid

Elena couldn't shake the fact that Stefan was behaving abnormally. He wasn't his usual, smiley, caring Stefan. It was almost like he had just found out he had a few months left to live.

Elena knew she had to tell Stefan about her feelings for Damon, but she wasn't sure how he would react, so she left it for a while.

Why did everything have to be so difficult?

Just then, there was another knock at the door.

'Damon, back so soon?'

But as Elena opened the door she realised it wasn't Damon...
It was Klaus