8

The tension is the room was unbearable. Elena had sweat dripping down her forehead,she wasn't sure whether the baby was Damon's or Stefan's.

Just as she began to speak, her legs went weak, she couldn't feel anything. She started to fall towards the ground when Damon ran to her and caught her.

'You're fine, I got you' said Damon

Stefan rolled his eyes and said 'By the way, I bought a house around the corner so you'll be seeing a lot of me. Damon, try not to steal this like you stole my girlfriend.'

With that he was gone. He had left a painful silence lingering in the room.

Damon turned to Elena.
"I'm sorry but, I have to ask...is it mine?"

"I don't know Damon, the baby is 6 weeks old and I was with Stefan only 2 weeks ago, it could be anyone's"

Elena's POV

Ugh when I say it like that I sound like I always cheat on guys. Maybe I should just leave. It would be better for everyone if I was gone. I'm the reason Damon and Stefan aren't talking, I always mess everything up.

"Elena, listen to me. If the baby is Stefan's, I'm sorry but I won't be able to be apart of his/her life. Obviously I love you, but I won't be able to bring up another man's baby with you, especially not my brothers."

Tears were filling Elena's eyes at this point. She had always wanted to be a mother, but she thought she had lost the chance when she became a vampire. This was her second chance, but it didn't mean anything to her if she was alone.

Holding back her tears, she angrily shouted at Damon.
"You promised me this was forever. What happened to that huh? Was this all just one big lie? You promised that you would be there for me through thick and thin. Even if that means bringing up someone elses baby.'

Damon was lost for words, he has never seen Elena so angry before in his life.
'I need some time to think' Damon announced and swiftly walked out the door.

Caroline, jo, Alaric, Bonnie and Jeremy were all still standing dumbfounded.

'What just happened?' Spoke a confused Bonnie.

'Umm how about Damon being a jerk as usual' Caroline said

Caroline had always hated Damon, so she would obviously use this as a time to express her hatred for him further.

Jo and Alaric were the closest thing Elena had to parents, So naturally she turned to them for advice.

Jo spoke with utter sincerity
'The Salvatore brothers have caused you so much pain and drama, I think you should leave town with the baby.You are strong enough to be able to get through this alone. I believe in you.'

Those last words 'I believe in you' seemed to set off a wake up call in Elena's head. The last person who told her that they believed in her was her mum. She began to make a decision, then thought about her parents.

If they were alive, they would give her the same advice as Jo did,so that's what Elena had to do. She was going to leave town, but she realised that she needed one of the brothers for protection, since she was in a vulnerable state.

Was it to be Damon or Stefan?