10

Elena bolted up in her hospital bed, worry drowning her face.

'What happened to Damon??'

Bonnie looked at the ground as if she didn't want Elena to know something.

'Bonnie, answer me I'm begging you'

'Fine, he was brought in here after the explosion but when I came to visit him he wasn't here. I found this note next to his bed.'

The note read 'Dear Bonnie, remember that time you left me in the prison world?this is my payback, good luck explaining to Elena why she will never see Damon again. Best wishes, Kai'

Elena sat there for a minute in disbelief, she felt paralysed, the love of her life was gone. Her whole world had come crumbling down and there was nothing she could do to stop it.

Bonnie stood up and attempted to leave the room, but she was stopped by Elena.

'Don't blame yourself, it's not your fault' said Elena.

'All of this happened because I left Kai in the prison world, I need to make this right' replied Bonnie.

'Wait Bonnie, where are you going? Please slow down and just talk to me'

'I'm getting Damon back' said Bonnie, 'I'm giving myself up to Kai, I'm sorry Elena'

Bonnie stumbled out of the room and left Elena with a shocked look on her face. Within the space of 5 minutes, she had lost the two most important people in her life. It all felt surreal.

•At an abandoned warehouse•

'Let me go Kai, I just want to see Elena' pleaded Damon

' I would but...I don't want to, you can blame Bonnie for never seeing the love of your life again'

Just then a strong wind threw Kai off guard. As he regained his balance he saw none other than Bonnie Bennett standing by the doorway.

'Let Damon go, it's me you have a problem with, leave him out of this'

As Bonnie distracted Kai, Damon broke free of the handcuffs Kai had placed him in.

Kai edged closer to Bonnie, each step being more intimidating until he got close enough that she could feel his breath on her neck, her skin crawled and her hair stood on its ends.

Just as Kai was about to rip Bonnie's heart out, a pole was driven through Kai's body, Damon had saved her.

Bonnie was in a state of shock, she couldn't move, she thought she was going to die and the realisation that she was alive was just hitting her.

Damon carried her back to the hospital where Elena, Alaric and Jo anxiously awaited.

They entered Elena's hospital room, but there was no sign of Elena.

'She's just gone to the toilet, she'll be back any minute now' said Jo.

Alaric pulled Damon into a tight hug and said 'I'm really glad you didn't die' into his ear.

'Thanks Ric, it means a lot.'

Just then the door creaked open and a sigh was let out from someone standing behind Damon.

'Elena' said Damon.

He turned around swiftly to see the love of his life standing there staring at him. He immediately ran up to her, lifted her up and wrapped his arms around her.

'I'm so sorry for leaving the other day, I thought things over, and I am here for you no matter what. My baby or not, I will always protect you.'

'I got the DNA test results, it's your baby Damon, we can be together and start a family, I love you so much.'

And with that, they packed their bags and left mystic falls, they were finally getting everything they'd ever wanted, each other.