9

Elena hadn't come out of her room for days. Without support from Damon she was falling apart.Caroline and Bonnie had been trying to cheer her up but nothing but Damon could help her right now.

She was tempted to call him, but her friends persuaded her not to as it would make things worse.

Just as Elena was about to start the friends box set for the 3rd time, the doorbell rang.

'Jer, can you answer the door?'
She shouted to Her brother.

No reply.

'Can someone answer the door?'she shouted again.

Annoyed, she got out of bed and hobbled down the stairs. She noticed on her way down that there was nobody else there to answer the door.

As she opened the door, her face lit up. It was Damon.

'What are you doing here?' She asked trying to contain her excitement of seeing him.

'We need to talk, I've made my decision.'

Elena opened the door for Damon to come in when she heard something drop on the floor behind her. She half turned around when she felt a rush of heat heading towards her. Next thing she knew she was sitting in a hospital bed with Jo and Alaric beside her.

Groggily, she asked 'what happened?'

Alaric answered her with 'There's been an accident, what's the last thing you remember?'

'I answered the door, it was Damon...Damon..WHERE IS DAMON??? Tell me that he's okay!' She pleaded with Alaric until he told her.

'There was an explosion, we don't know what or who caused it, you and Damon were the only people in the house at the time.'

'Where Is Damon????'

'He was in a critical state when you arrived here, Me and Jo found you lying unconscious on your porch.'

'Where was Damon when you found me?'

'We found him behind the door, but the door was shut. We believe that someone locked him inside.'

'Who would do that?'

'He has a lot of enemies,it could be anyone.'

'Oh my god, the baby!'

The nurse walked in and asked Alaric and Jo to step outside. Elena had a bad feeling,like she was going to hear bad news soon.

'Well,' the nurse began 'You had a pretty bad impact when you hit the ground, however you landed on your back. We ran an x-Ray and you have minor spinal injuries but your baby is progressing as normal.'

Relief flooded Elena as she cradled her bump.

Then, ceasing the chance to visit her beloved Damon, she asked the nurse 'Can I see Damon Salvatore?'

'We don't have any record of a Damon Salvatore being here at all, are you sure he was admitted here?'

'Yes I'm sure' Elena said impatiently

Alaric and Jo came back in and comforted Elena, they hadn't seen him leave and he was definitely brought to that hospital.

'We have to find him right now!' Cried Elena. 'What if he's in danger??'

'I'm sure he's fine, Damon is capable of taking care of himself.' Said Alaric

Just then, Bonnie ran through the door.

'It's Damon, he's in trouble.'