6

Elena's POV

It was magic. The way his lips connected with mine.The way I grasped onto him not wanting to let go.

For a moment they just sat there, staring into one another's eyes as if they were having a staring contest. But this was no game, they knew they loved each other deeply, but this kiss just brought them closer together. It let them know what they felt was real.

'Are you sure?' asked Damon lovingly

'More sure than i've ever been about anything before in my life' replied Elena

Damon brought his arms to Elena's back, holding her in a warm embrace. She clung to him and dissolved herself in the moment.

In that moment, all her memories with Damon came flooding back.

'Damon, I remember everything.I remember the first time we kissed, the first time I told you i loved you...the first time we met.I remember the feeling I had when I first saw you standing there in the darkness the night my parents died.You intrigued me. Made me see that life can be more than I make of it.I don't know how I would have survived without you. Thank You.'

'It's fine Elena, you dont have to thank me. I'm happy that I met you, you've turned my life around for the better. I love you. I've loved you since I first laid eyes on you and I will love you until I take my last breath on this earth.You are my everything, nothing or nobody will change that.'

•meanwhile back in Mystic Falls•

Jo and Alaric just returned from Jo's house to find Stefan and Mary sitting together, but they were surprised to find that there was no sign of Elena.

'Who is this? And where is Elena?'
Asked Alaric

'Hi Alaric, this is my girlfriend Mary.'

'What happened to Elena??'

'She broke up with me, she's probably with Damon somewhere but honestly, I don't care.'

'Okay then, me and Jo are just gonna head out, we have reservations at the grill for our anniversary'
They looked at each other in awe.

It was amazing to see Alaric finally happy.

•At the grill•

Jo and Alaric show up at the grill and sit down at their table, then Jo realised that there was 4 seats.

'Alaric, did you invite someone else?'

'No, I asked for a single table.'

'Maybe there's no single tables available so they put us here.'

As they looked over the menu they heard a voice

'Looks like we're sharing a table'

The voice came from Klaus, he had brought Caroline to the grill for a date and they had been seated on the tables connected to Jo and Alaric's.

Alaric immediately jumped out of his seat and grabbed Jo, he didn't know about Klaus being back in town and that he had changed yet so he felt a sudden rush of fear.

'You don't have to be scared Alaric, he's changed' said Caroline

'No matter if he's changed or not, he's still the reason my wife and well now Ex, girlfriend are dead.'

'Don't dwell on the past Alaric, can we call it a truce?' Asked Klaus

'Over my dead body'

'That can easily be arranged' as klaus spoke these words, he had a deathly look in his eyes. Until he looked at Caroline and realised what he was doing.

'I'm sorry for what Happened to Isobel and Jenna, but that was the old me. I swear to you I will make it up to you.'

Alaric sat himself and Jo down at their table and signalled for the waitress to take their order.

Alaric's POV
Maybe he has changed, But he is the most powerful, wreck less hybrid and an original vampire, you can't go back from that. Maybe I should just give him a chance, Caroline is the most judgy person I know, so if she believes he's changed, he must have.

•back at the motel•

Damon had no hesitation staring at Elena when she wasn't looking. Before, if she caught him she would give him this look that he knew was saying 'you can't do that', but now, he could stare at her as much as he wanted, because he knew she liked it, and it wasn't wrong anymore.