One Shot

"Dean, (y/n). There's something we need to tell you." Sam started, hooking his arm around his girlfriend's waist.
"We're engaged." The couple said in unison.

Your stomach dropped, a lump forming in your throat. You loved Sam since the moment you met him, you looked up at him. He was smiling broadly, his white teeth practically glowing in the dim motel light. You knew you'd do anything to keep that smile on his face, even if it meant breaking your heart in the process.

You plastered a fake grin on your face and pulled them both into a hug.
"Congratulations!" You yelled.
"There's something else." Sam's fiancé, Sophie stated.
Your smile faltered for a moment but you quickly recovered.
"You're not pregnant are you?" You asked.
"No, well not yet anyway." She said smiling up at Sam. You averted your gaze to him, he was looking at her with pure adoration in his eyes. A look you'd given him for years and hoped one day he'd return, but now knowing there was no chance of that happening.

"I know we haven't known eachother long. But you're Sam's best friend. He's told me countless stories of times you laughed so much you cried, or about the numerous times you've saved his life on a hunt. So (y/n) will you be my maid of honour?" Sophie asked.

She was looking at you expectingly while Sam watched on with hopeful eyes. You knew this would make him happy, so you forced a smile, even though it felt like your world was shattering around you.
"Sure, I'd love to." You replied.

(A/N: This was originally posted on MY tumblr: 20supernatural-memes05 and I thought you'd like it)