Chapter Thirteen

Sooooo, official ship names are Riker (Riley + Parker) and Rad (Riley + Chad). Rad was surprisingly popular, I thought it wouldn't be haha. Um and currently (3rd Feb 2016) Riker has 18 supporters and Rad has...24! I literally just counted up all the Riker/Parker/Parker and Riley comments and the Rad/Chaley/Chad/Chad and Riley comments too.. Hehe. Although, I didn't count up people who commented it more than once. Just cos it makes it fairer. Also, sorry for the late update... I was just not feeling myself, but here it is!

***

"Why did I see Chad walk out of your room this morning?" I look to Parker, confused. Then I remembered, Chad stayed over in my room.

"Um, he said he was hiding from someone so I let him hide in my room." Parker looked a bit annoyed and frustrated. "Are you okay?" I'd just come back from seeing Steph and Brandon with Kenneth, Marie and Claire. Steph was being discharged tomorrow but Brandon was being discharged in a few days. Kenneth got emotional again, and I just comforted him. I didn't blame him for getting emotional, Brandon is like his brother.

"I'm fine."

"What were you doing at my room, anyway?" I ask, raising a brow.

"Came to see if you'd like to get breakfast together, but I guess you'd already left since you never answered when I knocked. I mean, I knocked after he left, obviously," he tells me, a frown on his face. "Where were you then?"

"I don't need to tell you wherever I go, Parker. You aren't my guardian or anything." He looks at me with a hidden expression. Damn, now I'm curious. "What, Parker? Is there something you aren't telling me?" He quickly shook his head and told me he has somewhere to be. He then ran off. I would've found it odd, but I was distracted when I saw Ryan.

"Riley, hello!"

"From the other side!" He looks at me with an are-you-serious look, and shakes his head. "Sorry, I had to!"

"You're lucky I love you."

"Ew, gross!"

"If you weren't a girl, I'd slap you," he tells me, running a hand through is hair. "I came to see Steph and Brandon. How are they?"

"They're good, Steph is being discharged tomorrow and Brandon in a few days. I thought you'd just go off on your own to see them." I mean, I thought he would go on his own since he did ask me to text him the address of the hospital, and the rooms they're in.

"I thought I might as well go with you, so come on. Unless you have class?"

"Nah, I finished not long ago. I kind of have work to do, though." I could always do it when we get back.. "It's cool, I'll do it when we get back." He grins and throws an arm around my shoulders as we walk out of campus and to his car. Lucky bugger. Once we get in the car, we start driving off to the hospital.

"So, any news in the boy front?" And why does he care?

"Uh, why?"

"I'm curious, you're my little-"

"You're only 12 minutes older than me!"

"Shh- but yeah you're my little sister so I'm just curious. I mean, you are twenty one.."

"Just cos you settled down, doesn't mean I have to. I mean, maybe I want to have some fun.." I didn't actually. Using guys for sex isn't really my type. In fact, I'd rather settle down like Ryan, but he doesn't have to know that just yet. I mean, in the past week I've been kissed by two guys but only kissed one back. Hm. "Besides, when are you popping the question anyway? I mean, you are twenty one," I say, mocking him.

"Shut up." He stays silent so I start to look out the window, figuring he probably didn't want to tell me. "Soon," he mutters.

"Soon? How soon? Oh my gosh, how are you going to do it?! Where are-"

"Calm yourself, Riles. Seriously, chill the hell out. I'm doing it within the month. I was thinking of taking her out to the movies so we can see this movie she's wanted to see for a while, then I'll take her out to just chill under the night sky at the park or something and have a late night picnic with pizza...then, I'll pop the question there. How does that sound?"

"That sounds really, really romantic! Who knew you could be so sweet?!" Gosh, I can't believe he's finally going to pop the question! This was so exciting, I wish I could be there. Although, it'd be awkward since I'd be a third wheeler.. Pretty awkward. "Damn, I hope she says yes," I exclaim.

"I hope she does too," he mumbles, sighing. "I'm just afraid she'll say no."

"Oh please, you've been together since you were like fifteen.. Six years, Ryan. I'm sure she'll say yes. She's madly in love with you! I mean, even a blind person could see how much the two of you love each other! Seriously Ryan, she's going to say yes," I say, reassuring him.

"I hope you're right," he mutters, sighing. "I'm crazy nervous though. I just want everything to go perfect, and without a hitch."

"I know you do, but why are nervous? Besides, wanting everything to go perfect and all," I ask. I felt that there's got to be more than just wanting everything to be perfect.

"I'm just scared I'll mess it up, or that she'll say no. I know you said she won't, but I'm still scared and worried for the worst.."

"Ryan," I begin, sighing, "stop worrying. Worrying will only make you more nervous and that's when you'll fumble and mess up. You need to relax, because then things will go perfect. So don't worry about it, don't think about it."

"I seriously don't know what I'd do without you, even if you can be annoying as hell."

"Well, what are siblings for?" I flick him on the side of the face, and he yells out my name and slaps my leg. "Ryan!"

"You can't do anything, I'm driving!" He quickly shouts out, as I was about to hit him back. I retract my hand and huff, crossing my arms. "Ha, loser."

"When we get out this car, you're so dead. You know that right?"

"Oh please, I'm so scared," he says, rolling his eyes. We eventually arrived at the hospital and he parked the car. Once we got out and he locked the car, I jump on his back and cover his eyes as he screams like a girl. "Riley! You ass!" He starts thrashing around and trying to pry my hands off of him. I start laughing my head off and he tries to pry my legs off of him.

"Scared now, mother fu-"

"Riley? Ryan?" We both stop what we were doing and look in the direction of the voice.

"Malcolm, hey.." I awkwardly say, grinning sheepishly. I get off of Ryan and we both go red, knowing he saw our little weird fight.

"Are you, uh, here to see Brandon and Steph?" We nod our heads and Malcolm nods his head slowly. "Okay.. I'll see you inside then," he replies, walking towards the hospital.

"You're such an ass, Riley."

"You asked for it when you slapped my leg!" I reply back, defending myself.

"You started it by flicking me while I was driving! Now shut up and let's just go see them both." I agree and we start walking towards the hospital, before he speaks again. "I'm telling mum." And, I slapped him. "Gee, I was kidding!" He cries out.

"Yeah, yeah. Love you too, asshole."