Chapter Forty One

"Riley, I've literally met the man of my dreams and I just.. I am so sorry I haven't contacted you in a while. I really am," I roll my eyes at her lame apology. Thank goodness she can't see me considering we were over the phone. "Say something, you're really silent."

"Lex, that is so lame. You do know that, right?"

"I've been too focused on him, I'm sorry! But I'm heading over to your uni," she says, and I hear rustling on the other end of the phone. "Actually, I'm almost there. You still it he same room?"

"Of course, I am. I'll see you soon then." I hang up without letting her say goodbye and open the door when I hear someone, obviously Chad, trying to pick the lock. "Oh good knight, what are you doing trying to pick my lock?"

"I missed you, princess. Is that a crime?"

"Picking locks might be," I reply back, making him laugh. He walks in and I shut the door. He plonks himself on my bed and I sit beside him. He pulls me closer towards him, kissing my cheek.

"Are you okay?"

"One of my childhood friends is coming over now, and I haven't seen or spoken to her in ages. I felt as if she just cut me off, but she said she had found the man of her dreams and that's why she hasn't contacted me. Lame, right?" I ask, unimpressed.

"Very. Don't worry about it, though. It's better late then never." Just as he said that, the door opens and Lexi walks in. Instead of making eye contact with me, she decided to eye up my boyfriend. Um.

"Chad, babe, what are you doing here?" Babe? I look to Chad and he slaps his forehead.

"For the billionth time, I have a girlfriend!" he exclaims, standing up.

"Yeah, me," she comes out with. I stand up too, looking between the both of them.

"No," he laughs out, "I'm with Riley. She is my girlfriend not you. We never were a thing anyway! Where the hell did you get that from anyway?"

"We had a thing, we still do. You and I both know it. Cheating on me with my best friend? Huh? Real low, Chad," she says, shaking her head at him. Like mother, like daughter. Yep, my mum told me what went down with Lexi's mum and my dad. She told me all about how Alison tried to ruin their relationship and once fooled them into believing she had stopped liking my dad. Mum even told me about how Alison faked sleeping with him and sent a picture to my mum. I remember that day vaguely, but obviously I didn't know what had happened. Let's just say, my mum was pretty open about it. We get along really well now, and she decided to tell me it years ago. She told me to watch out for Lexi in case she's like Alison. Well, looks like mum was right. Aren't they always? But, what exactly happened with Chad and Lexi?

"Ex best friend, actually," I say in a matter of fact way. She gasped, glaring at Chad.

"You've ruined my friendship with her, you jerk! Ugh, I still love you though," she says with a frown on her face. Love? This chick be crazy.

"Lexi, get out." She yells out in frustration and walks out, slamming the door behind her.

"Thank you-"

"You're not off the hook yet, mister. Care to explain what happened with her?" The world is such a small place, you know? Never in a million years would I have expected this; that Lexi and Chad knew each other and evidently did something for her to get the impression they were together.

"It was ages ago, long before we started dating. Okay, it happened when I liked you but you gave me mixed signals and I thought you were with Parker and-"

"Fairly recently then?"

"Yes, but it was a two time thing." Two time, ugh. "I'd met her ages ago, knew she didn't go uni with us. We had met at a party, actually. That was the first time we did...well, you know. Then when I thought you and Parker had a thing going on and that you were messing with me, I called her up and she was more than willing. It was wrong, I know. I needed my frustration to be let out and I bang girls. That's one way I get through it all. But then you and I..we happened. Trust me, after that second time I didn't contact her again. In fact, she's been contacting me. I promise you, that's all it was. Sex. Seriously, I'm with you, I like you. Not her. I also didn't know you knew each other.. She was the friend who gave you that lame excuse, wasn't she?"

"Yes, and you were the man of her dreams apparently." I cross my arms, looking displeased. All in all, I was not happy. Not happy, one bit. I was hurt. What if we were to have a fight, would he then go and sleep with someone to let out his anger? I walk into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I just need some time to think. I mean, I honestly didn't expect Lexi and Chad to have known each other let alone do that together twice. Plus, those thoughts about whether Chad would do that if we were to have an argument...it kind of pained me, actually.

"Princess?" he calls out, knocking on the door. "Are you okay? What's going through your head?"

"What if we were to have a really bad argument?"

"We would get through it?"

No, I mean would you go and sleep with someone to get your anger and frustration out? Like you did when you thought me and Parker-"

"I wouldn't do that to you, I promise. I only did it then because I didn't even have you, but now I do and you're my girlfriend. If we were together back then and I thought something was going on, I still wouldn't have cheated. I may be a player, but I'm not a cheater. Do you really think that, now that I've finally got you, I would cheat on you over an argument?" I felt bad. I know I was thinking really low of him, but can you blame me? I open the door and throw my arms around him, hugging him.

"I'm sorry," I mumble against his shoulder.

"You've got nothing to be sorry for, princess," he mutters, putting his arms around my waist. "I-" He was about to say something, but he cut himself off. "I'm sorry," he finally breathed out. "Can we just forget about her? She's nothing to me, and you're everything to me."

"Ugh, how can I even stay mad at you? Of course we can forget about her. As far as I was concerned, our friendship was over a long time ago. You know, she's a lot like her mother," and then I tell him exactly what went down with Alison and my dad. To say he was shocked was an understatement. He couldn't believe how alike Lexi and Alison was, but I could. When you're raised by your parents, you become a reflection of what they are. Sadly for Lexi, she's becoming obsessive over a guy that doesn't like her. And because of her mum, I feel sorry for her. Lexi was a good kid when we were younger, it was just a shame that she grew up to be like her mum. How Alison even managed to influence that on her, baffles me. I just hope Lexi doesn't come between Chad and I..

"She won't come between us, don't worry," he suddenly says, making me nervous that he could read my mind. I'm sure he can't. He was just thinking the same, maybe. "I won't let her, because you're all I want and I- I really like you."

"I really like you too," I place a peck on his lips making him frown. He pulls me in for a longer kiss until he decided to tickle me. "You are so dead, good knight."

"Shut up, princess."

***

Well, there's one loose end somewhat tied up. Lexi had disappeared for this whole story, hadn't she? But look who's back, and look who's exactly like her mother! You gotta feel sorry for Lexi, though. And probably Alison too. But heyho. Do you think Lexi will be back? I mean if she's anything like her mother, she won't give up.

Hope you enjoyed this! There's still more loose ends to tie up so maybe this will get to at least fifty chapters...I dunno.