Bonus Chapter 5

Ryan Talks

I'd gone around to see Chad the moment dad was with Riley. I felt bad leaving her, but I had to get to the bottom of this. I mean, this was my twin sister. She's the one who I turned to whenever I had a problem, and she always helped me. She helped me with Amy and she's the reason Amy and I actually got together. I think it was my turn to actually help her this time. I doubt anything I say would mean anything to Chad. Why would it? He knows I don't particularly like him, so why would he care? It's worth a try.

I banged on his door in annoyance. He's literally broken her heart and she's crying her eyes out. I've never seen her cry her eyes out so much, not even during and after the whole Tyson ordeal. It killed me inside to see her like this, it really did. She's always been the confident one out of the both of us, in all honesty, and now she's just broken down. It's hard to watch.

"What?" Chad asked once he opened the door. His eyes widened upon realising it was me. He quickly attempted to shut the door but I stopped him and barged in.

"What the hell are you playing at, huh?" I demanded, balling my fists up as I was beyond ready to punch him.

"I- I'm with someone else," he says, not looking me in the eye.

"Didn't take long to move on, hm? I mean it's okay if my sister is crying her eyes out over you, but as long as you've moved on then great! Everything is fine and dandy, isn't it? Great! So bloody great. You know, I tolerated you because she loves you. Man, she loves you so much and look at what you've done to her. I thought that you wouldn't actually do this, I trusted her when she told me you wouldn't. Honestly, I wish I'd stuck with my instincts because I was so damn right. How could you? You love her and she loves you! What changed?!" I was so angry. Beyond angry, actually.

"You know when your first love comes back into your life and you're just...it's just...I don't know. She came back and these feelings came back and wow, I don't know. I'm sorry about Riley, I really am. I didn't mean to hurt her, it's just..I was told that it was better to just rip off the bandaid. When I saw Riley and she saw us together, I guessed that that was the best time to rip off that bandaid. I mean, it was probably not the right time. Look, Quinn means a lot to me. I haven't see her for years and honestly, I think I'm still in love with her," he tells me and I laugh in his face.

"Yeah, and you thought you were in love with Riley. Good job, mate. You've got to fix this with Riley, you guys belong together. Look, I don't know who the-"

"Chad, babe? Where- oh, who are you?" I noticed some blonde bimbo walking into the room, eyeing me up and down. That bi-

"He's Ryan. He's a...uh-"

"Friend. We're friends," I answer for him, deciding to save his butt.

"He's never mentioned you," she says, an evil looking glint in her eye. Was it just me or what? Evil.

"Yes, and he's never mentioned you either," I reply back, not looking all too pleased. He left Riley for her? Wow. "Look, I'm going to go. Just think about what I said, yeah?" I tell Chad and he nods his head, then looking back to this Quinn girl. I was about to walk out and I heard Quinn asking him what I was on about, but he dismissed her. I left the place and started making my way back home.

"Hey, Ryan! Wait up!" I turn around to find Quinn running after me. I stopped and waited to hear what she was going to say. Ugh, I don't like her already. "So, you're a friend of Chad's, huh?"

"Kind of, I guess you could say that."

"He's always had hot friends, you know?" Um, is she coming on to me?

"Good to know?" She smirked at me and went to run her hand down my arm, but I stepped away before this she-devil could touch me. "Sorry but I'm actually taken," I tell her. Taken and happy. "And so are you."

"I wasn't trying anything. Get over yourself, hun. Although, you honestly are pretty hot and gorgeous. Anyone ever told you that?"

"Yes, my fiancée."

"Oh, so you're tied down huh?"

"Yes, and now I'm going." I make my way to leave and she doesn't stop or follow after me. Good.

**

"Please dump her, Chad," I tell him. It's been nearly a year and a few months or so since Riley and Chad broke up. It was annoying because that stupid Quinn girl wouldn't leave me alone. I've been popping around a few times to see Chad and try talking some sense into him. It wasn't really working, but I was trying my best.

"I can't. I love Riley but she doesn't seem to want anything to do with me! I just figured, if I stick with Quinn then maybe I'll eventually end up loving her and-"

"That isn't the way to live. You deserve to be happy, and so does Riley."

"I'm sorry, Ryan. I don't want to put her through anything again. I still love her and I can't believe I hurt her." He starts to tear up and I didn't know what to do.

"Dump Quinn. I hate to tell you this, but she keeps coming onto me. She knows I'm engaged and won't get the message! Come on, she's not with you because she loves you. Chad, you deserve better. So does Riley, which is you."

"S-she did what? Quinn- wow. Good thing I'm not into her.."

"Look, all I'm saying is that you and Riley belong together. It'll take a lot of convincing Riley to get back to you because it's been so long and she's tried so hard to get over you. I think you can do it though, I know she still loves you. But you gotta dump Quinn. Get rid of her. Then you and Riley can be together and it'll be great. Look, you know what I'm saying right?"

"Obviously. I just miss Riley so much. Dumping her was the biggest mistake of my life."

"At least you acknowledge it. Now I got to get going. Amy and I are going out."

"Have fun," he tells me and I say thanks to him, and tell him good luck with everything.

Let's hope things work out between the two of them.