Chapter Thirty Eight

I'd finished my final exam, to which Steph and I celebrated after. We'd gone to her room and drank a few drinks since she managed to sneak some in. We were so happy and excited because we were definitely a step closer to getting our degree. We just hoped we passed.

"Don't you have to go get ready to leave with Chad?" Steps asks, taking another sip of her drink.

"Uh," I check my phone and my eyes widen, "yeah, I do! Thanks for reminding me!" I jump up, quickly gulping down the rest of my drink, and saying goodbye to her.

"Have fun!" She calls out as I leave. I run to my room, thankful no one stopped me, and quickly threw some clothes in a bag. Chad opened my door and walked straight in.

"Dude, what if I was naked or something?" I ask, crossing my arms and glaring at him.

"Then that would've been great, don't you think? Strip party!" He exclaims, smirking at me. I roll my eyes at him and continue throwing more clothes into the bag. "How was your exam?"

"It was okay, actually. Went better than I thought," I tell him.

"Great, great. You ready to go?" I hum in reply and nod. He unexpectedly takes my bag from me and starts to walk out of my room.

"Wait up," I call after him, making me run off, shutting and locking the door. I run trying to catch up to him and he stops and turns around, making me run smack face into his chest. I fell to the floor from the impact and start laughing at myself. He laughs and helps me up.

"You okay, princess?" I nod my head and grin. I don't know why I found it funny, but I did. We carried on walking through campus to his car until we passed Parker. Uhh. Parker looked to the both of us, glaring at Chad but smiling at me. I noticed Chad glaring at Parker too. Chad handed me the bags, considering he had his own, and threw a punch at Parker. I gasped and dropped the bags, rushing to stop him before he punched him again.

"Chad!" I yell out, pulling him away. He goes to take another swing at Parker but I stop him, pulling his hand down. "Don't, Chad. Let's just go, okay?" Chad narrows his eyes at Parker, yanks his hand from me and takes the bags whilst storming off. "I'm sorry, Parker. I dunno what's wrong with him, I'm-"

"It's fine, Riley. He probably had a good reason. Where you guys off?"

"Weekend away-" Parker gave me a dirty look and I scoffed, "Not like that, Parker. Look, I'll see you later."

"Yeah, whatever," he said, with no interest. I rolled my eyes at his stinky attitude and left to go catch up to Chad. Once I did, he was already in the car and glaring into space.

"Chad," I begin, getting into the car. He looks to me, "what happened back there?"

"I'm sorry, I got jealous.. It's just, I still can't get over you and him together. When I saw him, I saw red. I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't have punched him but I was just really angry."

I take his hand off the steering wheel, thankful we were still in park, and look him dead in the eyes. "It doesn't matter now, okay? Me and him may have done that, but that's in the past. I'm with you now, and that's all that matters. Okay?" He smiles and brings my hand up to his lips, kissing my knuckles.

"You're too amazing, ugh," he groans out, and takes his hand back. He starts the car and we head off to pick his mum up. "We're still staying in the hotel, by the way. I'll book my mum a separate room so it won't be awkward."

"Alright..and, you sure you don't want me to drive half way through? I mean, you did get a bit cranky last time," I laugh out when I see his face.

"Yeah, sorry about that. But no, it's okay." We drove to his mum's place and picked her up, after she said good he to Malcolm of course. She sat in the backseat, which she was fine by, and we drove off to the hotel in some silence. Music played in the background and Chad and I spoke. Louise stayed silent, humming along to the songs. Chad had asked her multiple times if she was okay, considering she was pregnant. She always said she was fine.

However, at one point we had to stop because she felt a bit sick. After that, we carried on driving with a few stops here and there. Eventually, we soon made it to the hotel and Louise was getting impatient and wanted to see Jay immediately.

"Why can't we see him now?" Louise asks impatiently as we walked up to our hotel rooms.

"Mum, it's late. Visiting hours are closed," he sighs out. I could see he was getting slightly frustrated and so I squeezed his hand in comfort, smiling at him.

"But-"

"Louise, it's been a long drive. We all need rest and if the visiting hours aren't open, there's nothing we can do. We've got to wait until the morning," I tell her, hopefully stopping Chad from snapping at her. She sighs but drops the subject. She walks into her hotel room and we walk into ours.

"You really are the best, I swear," he says to me, pulling me in for a kiss. But, I pull away and run from him making him look at me like I was a child. Well, I'm just a big child. "Princess," he says with a slight warning tone in his voice.

"Yes?" I ask innocently. I jump on the bed and smirk at him. He looks at me as if I'm crazy, but I know I'm not.

"What are you doing?" He asks, raising a brow at me. I shrug in reply. "You cheated me out of a kiss, I'm not happy."

"Too bad," I reply back.

"Sassy? I like," he walks up to the bed and gets on it. I attempt to get off the bed but he grabs my legs and pulls me so I was underneath him. "Where do you think you're going, princess?"

"Uh, no where anymore, bad boy," I breathe out, staring up at him. Were we going to..?

He chuckles and leans down, capturing my lips in a passionate kiss.

*

"You know if you guys are going to be that noisy, at least give me a warning next time," Louise mutters as we met her outside her hotel room. My cheeks tinge with red and Chad laughs nervously while scratching the back of his neck.

"Sorry, mum," he murmurs. He and I both share a look of embarrassment, but then his turns into a smirk and he winks at me. He finds this funny, doesn't he? Ugh. We make our way to see Jay, but it was full of silence. I didn't feel like talking because I was completely mortified. Chad just didn't speak because, well, he was Chad. He pretty much does what he wants, I suppose. "I'll meet you guys inside," he says. Louise nods and walks ahead. When I go to follow her, I look back and notice Chad pulling out a cigarette. I carry on walking and when we get to the desk, I recognise Nancy and she recognises me too.

"Oh, it's lovely to see you again. Where is Chad, and who is this?"

"Chad's just outside, and this is Jay's mum," I explain, with a smile on my face.

"Jay's mum? Oh, I haven't seen you around," Louise looked guilty and nodded her head, sighing. "I'm assuming you're here to see Jay?" She asks, and I nod my head.

"We'll wait for Chad," Louise says. Soon enough, Chad walks in and looks at us oddly. "I said we'd wait for you." Nancy tells us we can go on ahead when she sees Chad, and so we do.

Louise seemed nervous and was breathing really heavily. "Mum, relax," he tells her, patting her back. "It'll be okay, I promise."

"What if he hates me?" She whispers, "I abandoned him. I don't think that went down well. Even I hate myself, so I'm sure he will hate me."

"He loves you, mum. He won't hate you, I promise."

"Alright, alright. Let's do this." Chad opens the door and we walk in. Jay looks to the door and his face was full of shock.

"Mum?"