Chapter Nineteen

"I love you, Riley."

"No, no. I don't love you, Ty. We're broken up!" Riley was walking home from watching a movie with a few friends. They'd all walked off in the opposite direction, considering they lived the other way from where Riley lived. So, she was left to walk on her own.

Riley kept walking as fast as she could, away from Tyson. He'd followed her, and waited until the movie had finished, to confront her. "Baby, please. Come on! I'm sorry  about last month! I didn't mean to put my hands on you like that!"

"Go away!" She screamed out, starting to jog. Suddenly, he got hold of her and put his hand around her mouth. Her screams came out muffled. His other arm restricted her from moving.

"But, I can't. I love you, and I know you love me too." She shook her head and tried to get him off of her, but she had no luck. He took her to an alleyway. He was happy because no one could see them, meaning no one could stop him talking to her. "Stop struggling," he growled out. She had now resorted to tears, and her salty tears fell on his hand that was covering her mouth. "Don't cry, babe, please don't cry. I'm sorry. I love you." She continued to thrash around and started kicking. Fortunately for her, she managed to kick him in the shin, which caused him to scream out in pain. After all, a kick to the shin can hurt anyone. She took this moment to run away, since he had let go to nurse his injured shin. But, he grabbed her before she could get away. "Don't run away from me," he snarled, his grip on her arm very tight.

"You're hurting me," she whispered, tears still pouring out. He'd pinned her up against the wall, and started to kiss down her neck. "S-stop," she mumbled, losing her voice. "T-Ty, please don't."

"You better love me after this," he muttered, his hand going up her top. She stopped squirming and froze. "There, you've stopped squirming now. You're warming up to the idea, aren't you?" She shook her head, and cried silently as his hand began to travel south. Before he could go any further, he heard a man shouting. He looked at the man, and ran. He ran, leaving Riley on her own.

The man came up to Riley, "Ma'am, are you okay?" She stayed silent, and walked out of the alleyway. She wanted to thank the man, but no words came out. "Ma'am!" He called. She turned around and mouthed a thank you. "Would you like me to call someone to pick you up?" She shook her head and walked home, wiping her tears away. When she got home, she ran up to her room. She stripped from her clothes took a shower, washing away his touch. She changed into her pyjamas and threw away the clothes she has just worn. It was her favourite outfit, but she wanted to erase the memory of what could've happened if that man hadn't stopped Tyson.

But how could she face Tyson at school the next day? He was everywhere she went, she couldn't get rid of him.

***

Ryan stared straight ahead of him. His face showed no emotion, and I got scared because he was silent. Too silent. I'd finished telling him everything that had happened since Tyson and I had broken up, and he hasn't said anything yet. He's just been sitting there for five minutes staring straight ahead of him at a blank wall.

"You were fifteen," he muttered. "Fifteen," he repeated. "Did you tell anyone?" I nodded my head and he sighed, "Who? You could've come to me, told me this all."

"I couldn't, I didn't know how."

"Who did you tell, then?"

"Amy's mum," I mutter. I never told him that she had seen what happened. I'd left it out the story. I didn't think it was necessary. "She saw what Tyson almost did, and from then on she kind of became my rock in a way. I mean, I know I should've gone to someone but she already knew things.. I just, I would've told mum but I didn't know how."