Two

Eren

"Papa,mama. Where do babies come from?"

I choke on my eggs as Levi practically sprays out his tea. We look to our seven year old son as he waits for an answer.

"Well when a man and a woman..." I slowly began knowing I won't get out of this,Asher stops me.

"But mama, aren't you a male? Didn't you give birth to me?"

Dammit, I really didn't expect to explain that to him. I look over to Levi for help. He seemed to be more clueless than me,and that's saying something. Putting his cup down he lets out a sigh trying to find a way to explain.

"Well, we don't really know for sure why your mother was able to conceive. All we know it has to do with his ability." He says calmly." Why the sudden interest?"

Asher looks down at his plate picking at his food. "A few adults mentioned it yesterday after school. They say it's unnatural. I'm unnatural. A few parents won't even let me play with their kids because of it."

My heart sank when I heard this coming from my child. True some people didn't agree with how I,a male, gave birth to a child,especially being a shifter. There are those who fear me because I could shift at will and kill those unexpected. I don't really care what they think of me,but our son,he's being put down because of his origin.

Getting up from my seat, I walk over to Asher and embrace him. Levi does the same by smoothing his hair.

"Don't listen to them." Levi says.

"You are a special kid,Asher. You're our son and we love you,that's all that matters." I kiss his forehead.

"And if they do ever try any funny shit," Levi's eyes grow dark that would send the devil crying for his mommy. "Don't hesitate to beat the crap out them. "

I sighed, of course he'd encourage him to fight. Not that I'm one to talk though. Back then I'd try to solve my problems with both my words and fists but it always ended with fists.

"But if things get out of hand, Papa and I'll try to resolve it all,okay?" Asher nods. I kiss his forehead as Levi pats his head before we went back to eating.

In the village

After breakfast, I walk with Asher to school. I needed to buy some things for the house in the market and visit Armin and Jean. Jean,ugh. Why did it have to be him. But he makes Armin happy so I can't really do anything about it. But I swore to him on his wedding day that if Jean ever hurt him in anyway,I wouldn't hesitate to beat the crap out him.

"Asher!" A little boys voice calls out. It was Marcelo.

He's Jean's and Armin's adopted son. Marcelo was found by Armin two years after I had Asher. He's a little taller than Asher, possibly due to Levi's genetics, for his age. He has long brunette hair that's tied in a low pony tail and had beautiful crystal eyes, like the ocean.

"Hey Marcelo, ready for school?" Asher asks.

"Mm no,not really." He replies with a groan.

"Is everything alright Marcelo?" I asked with concern.

"Its just, well there have been some kids making fun of us. About my parents being, well,homosexual. And you and uncle Levi. "

Homophobics. Seriously, can't they keep their damn mouths shut around children! This affects them more than it meets the eye.