Eight

Eren

I packed my husband's bag with food and other things he would need for his trip. Levi watched me with a trained eye to find anything to use as an excuse to stay home with me and Asher. My husband will be gone for a week which is too long to the old man. He doesn't want to be so far from home especially in my condition.

"You are to vulnerable to be left be yourself."He repeated for the hundredth time.

I sighed trying his bag before making my way to the worried wart. I wrapped my arms around his shoulders as my bulging stomach hit his abdomen. I knew he was concerned but I wasn't going to be alone. Armin,Jean and little Marcelo were going to be staying with us. It would do them some good ans by them I ment Asher and Marcelo. Poor things are still trying to get on with their lives without worrying about people butting in them.

A swim in the lake or exploring the forest doesn't sound to bad for bonding time. I planned on spending time with Armin too and maybe have some fun torturing horse face.

"I'll be fine, we'll , be fine. So stop worrying."

"I can't help but feel that something bad is going to happen."He sighed.

Again I reassured him that nothing was going to happen and that he focus on his trip and return home unharmed. Levi was called in from the small police department in town saying there has been a criminal running around dodging the police when ever their close. Since they couldn't catch him they called in Levi to catch him. Who is better to catch a criminal than Humanity's Strongest?

"As long as you promise me to stay here and not go anywhere near the forest or town,unless you have Armin or Jean with you."He said staring straight in my eyes.I promised not wanting to cause him anymore worry.

Several hours later the Kirsten family arrived minutes before Levi's departure.

"Be safe."I kissed him on the lips.

"Good luck dad!"Asher grinned.

Levi soon left leaving the five of alone at the house. As we all head inside I couldn't help but feel the odd sensation of being watched. Turning around I was met with nothing but the dirt road to the house. Shaking the feeling away as nothing I closed the door behind me.

Several days later

I peeked behind the curtains for the third time today. It was raining so everyone was stuck staying inside the house. The boys were upstairs playing in Asher's room. Jean had to get some things from town while Armin stayed to keep me company.

"Eren?"I focus my eyes to my best friend then back to the forest that stared back." what's wrong."

Ever since my husband left a few days ago I've been on edge. My instincts would tell me to protect my unborn child when ever I am alone. Which is normal but for me to tense up and practically run to the house isn't.

"I don't know but I guess its just has to do with my hormones."I chuckled.

Armin wasn't convinced."I've known you most my life Eren,and I know when you're lying. Your ears are turning red."

I cursed my curse of my failure at lying. My ears always betrayed me. Sure I would get away with it when coming to strangers but not my friends and family. With a sigh I told him of the strange aura following me. Armin was alert as this information. He perks outside before making sure the the window was locked. He then checks the whole house from top to bottom.

"This is serious Eren,we almost lost you once I'll be damned if that happens again."

For the first time for the past few days I felt safe. I hugged my best friend thanking him for being there for me. If there was anyone besides Levi I could trust its Armin.

That night I woke up hours after everyone fell alseep. Its getting harder to sleep with this large stomach that prevented me to turn on or see my toes. With a frustrated huff I climb out of bed and header down stairs to the kitchen to get a glass of water. When I entered I saw the backdoor was ajar. Still half alseep I didn't think much of it putting it off as only the wind. When I went to close it I heard a muffled whimper.

Confused I open the door wider to see a horrifying sight. There in the darkness was little Marcelo hogtied and his mouth gagged. His blue eyes were filled with tears as he shook on the ground out of fright.

"Marcelo!"I gasped running out of the house to his aid.

I kneeled beside him to untire the gag. Once off he cried out "It's a trap!" At that moment something heavy struck me in the back of the head. I fell limp to the cold ground as darkness slowly consumed me. All I could hear was my nephew calling out to me and a sickening laugh echoing around us.