Six

Asher

Marcelo hasn't been the same since that day. He is more quiet barely ever speaking and isolates himself in his room. Uncle Armin is home schooling us since dad took us out the school. I try to comfort my best friend in any form I could but he is slowly pushing me away. Mommy says it's best to let him come out of shell on his own and not force him.

Kids are still picking on us when we walk around town and in result getting their ass beat. Mom or Uncle Armin would have to clean and bandage my wounds almost everyday.

"From now on ignore them Asher."Mom says while finishing wrapping up my bruised knuckles.

"Why should I!"

Mom shock his head sighing."As much as I agree with you on that they deserve what was coming to them,you're only doing more harm than good. I know you're doing it for Marcelo but do you really think he wants to see his best friend getting hurt because of him?"

As much as I hate to admit it but mom is right. I always see the guilt in Marcelo's eye's when I finish beating the crap out of the bullies. He rarely comes out the house any more.

"Just be there for him okay honey?"Mom says pleadingly.

I sigh but nod. Mom smiles and plants a kiss on my cheek before standing which is becoming a bit difficult for him now a days. I try my best to help him which he smiles thankfully. His stomach is growing a bit rather large for being only three months or so what I've heard.

"What gender do you think it'll be?"Mom asks while we head down to the kitchen to start dinner.

"Hmm a boy?" I reply a bit glade that the subject was changed.

Mom chuckles."You want it to be a boy? What if its a girl?"He pulls out a few vegetables from the ice box and starts to clean them. I clean off the table to get ready to cut them.

"A sister is okay too but I don't know if I could relate to girls like boys."I confess.

I don't really have experiences with girls not even one other than my aunts but their adults not kids. And when I am around girls my age I'm being picked on because of my parents sexuality and being called names for being close with Marcelo. There are guys who are close so why are we being critisied for being just as close? I guess I'll never understand this world.

"Well if it's a girl I'm sure you both will good friends."Mom smiles handing my the greens ready to cut.

I smile at the thought. I could image myself being the best big brother I could be. I'll be his/her protector and best friend. Because let's face it this villiage will not welcome my sibling with open arms. They'll consider them as a freak of nature like me. I'll need to protect them as much as I can.

...............................................................
Marcelo

I'm such a weakling.

I'm always relying on my parents,my aunt's and uncle's,and my best friend to defend me.

I'm tired of it.

I lay curled up in my bed with the sheets over my head trying to hide away from the world. I could still feel his hands touching me. It makes me feel sick to my stomach. I'm so weak. How does Asher ever put up with me? I'm nothing but a waste of his time! I wouldn't blame him is he avoided me. I'm filthy and not worth his protection.

Although I think this I can't stay away from him because...I love Ash.

Knock knock knock."Marcelo. You alright honey?"Daddy's voice asks from the other side of my bedroom door.

I don't reply so he lets himself in. I hear his soft footsteps step towards my bed before it ahifted under his weight. A gentle hand rubs against my back in circular motions. Tears fall from my eyes as I launch myself onto daddy. He wraps his arms protectively around me while his own tears fall.Another set of arms wrapped around us. Papa rocked us back and forth in his strong arms.

I may not want to trouble Asher anymore but I do know that I can always rely on my parents.

"I love you guys."I whisper as my eyes grew tired.

"We love you too squirt."Papa replies.

"With all our hearts."Daddy added with a kiss on my brow.

With that I feel asleep.