Getting to know

(Rigby's pov)

I walked my mother into the house I and I sat her down on the couch, I asked why she was here and I got I light slap on the cheek.

"Fool! Can I not see my child?!" She said jokingly,  I laughed as I scratched the back of my head. Then I saw mordecai walking into the room with a bowl of Cheetos awkwardly, I got up and grabbed mordecai's arm.

"Mother, this gentleman here is mordecai. My new friend slash roommate", my mother gave him a hug and a smile.

"Where are my manners? I am Karen, rigby's mother. Thank you for listening to me ramble about my son, most of the people here are rude. They ignored me!" She said as her hands are making weird gestures. Mordecai blushed and said it's not a problem. Mother saw Thomas and said "T-man! Haven't seen you in forever!" And went over to him. Mordecai leaned to me and whispered  "T-man?".

I chuckled and pull him into the kitchen, "Thomas and my mom are really close, I never knew how but it just works like that. Also before you question anything else, my mom is kinda an ex-gang member. She left the gang when they suddenly did something uncalled for. I don't know what they did, that's just what she said to me. So don't be surprised if she had a gun or massive strength, she beat down a bouncer once dude. So better stay in her good side" I said to him.

He just simply nodded and said "she looks pretty young, and beautiful..." he looked like he was about to continue his words but didn't say anything.

"She's in her early 40s" I said proudly and went into the living room again, where Thomas and mom were having an arm wrestling contest and Thomas lost miserably.

"Awww, dude you suck!" Mordecai said teasing Thomas.

Mom stood proudly and said
"No one defeats this bitch!"

I instantly slapped her arm, "mooom! No cussing!" I said while waving my finger at her. She scoffed sat down on the sofa.

"I met your brother, he seems to be doing well. So is your father" she said crossing her arms.

I sat beside her and sighed, "it only feels like yesterday when we were kids and practising our knife throwing skills. And now here we are" I said reminiscing. Mordecai choked on his soda a bit when he heard I throw knifes when I was a kid. Then suddenly pops came in with a pot filled with roses,

"oh hello mordecai, rigby and Thomas. And who might this be?" He said referring to my mother. I stood up and told my mom to introduce herself,

"Hi, I'm rigby's mother. I'm here to visit him" she said while shaking pop's hand.

"Oh welcome to the park m'lady. Here have a rose and enjoy your visit" pops said and gave her a single red rose and walked up the stairs humming some tunes.

"Boy, he looks rich." Mom said, Thomas puts his arm on her shoulders and said

"oh him? He's loaded dude. We could rob him...but too bad we're over that stuff".

I punched his shoulder and he winched in pain. "Want me to show you around the park mom? We could grab something to eat while we're at it. And if we're lucky I can introduce you to the other park members", mom smiled and nodded. So we all went out and showed her around, we introduced her to Benson, skips, fives and even muscle man.

They got into a wrestling match which mom initiated and won, and then we had lunch at wing kingdom. "Today has been fun.. Uh.. Rigby's mom" mordecai said with awkwardness then proceeds to sip his soda.

"Oh please, just call me Karen. I insist" mom said waving her hand at him. I'm glad they're bonding, they actually have somethings in common. We were just finishing up when all of a sudden a group of men with one single horn on their heads came in, my eyes widen and I instantly nudge my mothers side.

"What is it rigb-" she stopped talking when she saw them. Her eyes quickly harden and turned grey, Thomas noticed and mumbled "oh shit".

Mordecai just sat there with curiousity painted on his face, "hey what's wrong guys?" He asked. But before any of us can answer, the group is right in front of us. Laughing. The leader of the group with black hair, facial piercings and tattooes spoke up

"hey, long time no see Karen. I see you're with your boys" then he looked at mordecai with a smirk. "I don't remember this one being in your group". Mom instantly stood up, "I don't have a group. Not anymore. So beat it" she said heartlessly.

They laughed for a bit then settled down, "aww come on Karen, we're only here to eat. Though....I was hoping I can have your son for a meal" he said as he winked at me while licking his lips. I shuddered,

"Don't you dare touch my son! Or so help me I will kill you" she said loud enough for everyone in the restaurant to hear. The group backed off a bit but not showing at sign of fear,

"ayy calm down Karen. Its not my fault he's just so squishy and plum, and when I touch him I go crazy then I rip off his shirt and go for hi-" he got cut off by my mom punching him straight in the face.

He stumbled back towards his group with a black bruise on his cheek. His nose is bloody, he licked his blood off and chuckled. "You shouldn't have done that Karen. You wouldn't want us to take lil rigby again now do you? Buuuuuut since you pressed all of my buttons, I may take him from you when you least expect it." He said evilly. My mom's eyes were filled with fear for a moment but it quickly changed into anger once again, "you've been warned Karen. Beware" and those were his final words before he walked away.

While watching the scene I was at the verge of tears, the things he said made me remember what previously happened before I came here. Thomas noticed and hugged me lovingly, mordecai is still shocked about the whole thing but he hugged me anyway. My mom was filled with anger until she heard me whimper with tears, she ran towards me and pat my head. "Don't worry hun, I'll never let him get to you. Never again".