aftermath

[Hey guys! Real quick before I start the fanfic I just wanna say a huge apology to you all. It has been a loooooong hiatus and it's annoying to wait for the next chapter so I'm grateful that some of you guys might still be reading this. :) alrighty, with that said. On with the fanfic!]

{Rigby's pov}

I woke up to the sound of thumping above me, I lazily open my eyes and sat up realizing I was on the couch with a blanket wrapped around me warmly like my mother's hugs. Only difference is that I prefer my mom's actual body heat rather than a piece of cloth. I rubbed my eyes to get the sleepiness out and faintly heard my mom squealing and Thomas hollering.

"What the fuck is going on up there?" I muttered to myself. I got off the couch and went to the kitchen to get myself a cup of water because I fucking deserved it after what happened today. I opened the refrigerator door while remembering what happened earlier today, out of all of the towns in the fucking country, he just had to be in this one.

Fan-motherfucking-tastic. I grabbed a jug of cold water and just started drinking out of it,

'cups be damned' I thought. After I've filled my stomach with cold water I put the jug back and went upstairs to see what the hell is going on, seriously can't we just get one day of normal activities in this park?

{Mordecai's pov}

"And those are a few tips on how to win his heart!" Karen said happily beside me. For half an hour she had just been talking about how I'll tell rigby my feelings.

It went from 'just be a man and tell him' to 'COVER YOUR ROOM WITH CANDLES AND ROSE PETALS AND SEDUCE THE HECK OUT OF HIM BECAUSE I WANT YOU TO BE MY SON IN LAW' pretty quick.

Honestly I don't know either to be embarrassed or flattered, I think I'm in the middle. I never would have thought I'd be in this situation after all, might as well enjoy it while it lasts.

"Just a few Karen? Why not give him all of the tips?" Thomas asked with his arm wrapped around my shoulder. Karen huffed and crossed her arms, with annoyance covering her face.

"I'm not giving anyone all the tips to claim the love of my little racoon, he is my son" Karen said to him with a hint of venom in her voice. I chuckled awkwardly and spoke up

"hahhaha... I'm not planning on taking him away from you or anything.." I try to enlighten her while I unknowingly move my hands randomly. Karen just laughed softly and pinched my cheek lightly,

"I know my dear, I'm just messing with you. I know you'll take great care of him, I trust you" she said with such kindness that only a mother could do. Before we could continue our conversation, a light knock interrupted us.

"Hey guys, why are you all yelling about? You woke me up" it was rigby's voice. Soft like silk and sweet like honey, we all turned to him to see him wrapping himself with the blanket he was wrapped with on the couch. With ruffled hair, half opened eyes and wet lips. Which I could not -for the love of God- take my eyes off.

"How did you sleep sweetheart?" Karen asked sweetly, but I can hardly hear her. Like I said earlier... LIPS. WET. YAAAS.

"I've slept better" he said quietly as he walked towards his bed and face planting himself on it.

"I feel like shit" mumbled rigby, Thomas unwrapped his arm around me and went to launch himself on top of rigby.

"UMPH, GET OFF ME!" cried rigby, but of course good ol' Thomas ignored him and made himself more comfortable. Rigby gave up and just lied there muttering was sounded like "piece of shit" Karen only chuckled at the childish display in front of her and sat next to rigby's head with her hand in caressing his head gently.

"I'm sorry about what happened earlier baby" Karen whispered. In her tone was sadness and guilt, detecting the tone himself, rigby looked up at his mother and gave her a small smile. Its not much but it's what he knew she needed.

"It's alright, it's not your fault. It's no ones fault" he stopped for a moment to give Thomas the small reassuring smile that he gave Karen, he must've known that Thomas felt like it was mostly his fault it happened, but he also knew that you can't change the past and that it's no use crying over it now. He's a strong person but he doesn't really like to show it much, add that to the list of things why I love him.

"Besides, I know how to protect myself and I have all of you guys and the park crew. I'm sure I'll be fine. I carry around a gun for Pete's sake!" rigby said the last line with a bit of humour, trying to lighten up the mood. And surprisingly, it worked.

They chuckled together and then hugged each other, enjoying the company. I felt kind of left out and awkward so I stood up to leave until a voice stopped me,

"hey mordo, where you going?" Rigby questioned while being squished between two people. I turned around and gave an awkward chuckle with my hand to the back of my neck.

"I wouldn't want to interrupt a family moment, so I might as well leave you guys to it" I finished awkwardly like I always do when I'm with my the people I like. Rigby gave me a confused look,

"well then if it's a family moment then why aren't you squeezing here with us?" I stood there, looking at him, taken aback . No, taken aback is not enough to express how I feel. I WAS SHOOK.

"y-you think I'm family?" I asked nervously, not knowing what answer I wanted to hear from him. He gave me a sweet smile,

"of course man, you're like a brother to me. Brother from another mother" he finished happily. The feelings aren't mutual though, he thought of me as his brother? Brother?

My insides felt like they have been stomped on and run over by multiple trucks and left to dry. Does this mean he would never see me as more? I felt tears starting to form from my eyes but i masked it as quickly as I can, thankfully Rigby didn't notice. Karen and Thomas however, did.

They gave me sympathetic looks but I don't want their sympathy. Right now I just want to curl up into a ball and cry, however right now Rigby is waiting for a reaction. And I had to give him a supportive one.

"Gee, thanks man. Never had a brother from another mother" I replied weakly. Karen moved over so that I can sit next to Rigby while sympathy still on her face, if I can't comfort him as a lover I might as well comfort him as a... brother.

I shudder at the thought, nevertheless I sat next to him and wrapped my arms around him. He rests his head on my shoulder and I felt myself being ripped apart from the inside.

[So that's the update to the story, sorry for the angst in the end but I kind want it to happen eventually in the story. Again, I apologize for the laaaaaate update. I felt like a lazy bitch (tbh I am: ) ) but I hope y'all liked the new chapter I dunno when I'll update next but I'll try to update.]