Aftermath of the aftermath

Sorry for the excruciatingly long wait for the next chapter, i just got lazy and I wasn't feeling motivated. So now I hope I'll do my best to write a new chapter for y'all. Just don't get your hopes up for a new chapter any time in the near future though 😂

____________________________________

After the whole restaurant disaster and getting my heart ripped out and beaten to a pulp from being friendzoned, life gradually became back to normal.

It has been three months since we had the encounter with the gang and no other problems arose, well, other than the incident where Rigby ate too much junk food and his body rejected him for it. But other than that it was good, Rigby's mum went back home from her visit and left her child with an endless amount of kisses to the face. Thomas also went, saying that he had other places to be, places which he does not indulge in us with any information but of course Rigby knows.

And me and him became closer friends. Yup, just friends. One might say, thick as thieves, or the other term which I have come to loathe, brother from another mother.

I mean what the fuck even is that? Was the person who made that phrase drunk? I get a little crazier everytime I hear it.

It's a cruel reminder that me and him would never be more than friends, would never be lovers, and that infuriates me. To a point where I just sat and feel hopeless about it, I keep reminding myself that I should divert my attention and obsession to something else but it's easier said than done.

I've never felt so strongly about someone it's ridiculous. I should be happy and thankful that I have a strong and deep connection with him in such a small amount of time yet I found myself wanting more, like a man offered a chicken wing but wanted a whole chicken.

Wow, I'm comparing Rigby to food now? I must be starving, and that's where I find myself in front of the coffee place with Rigby in front, I must've spaced out again. Figured.

We walked in and was greeted with more customers than expected, almost all the tables were filled. Luckily two empty seats in the front of the middle table was unoccupied and we scurried towards it before it got snatched.

"Finally we're here! I'm starving!"

Rigby exclaimed as he flopped down onto the seat. I only hummed with a smile on my face at his actions, I find myself smiling a lot more around him because I have someone to act recklessly with at a young adult age.

Muscle man can be childish but he doesn't really know when enough is enough, Rigby is like that sometimes I'll admit but I don't particularly mind it.

Eileen jogged towards us with a pen and paper in her hand looking like she's in a rush.

"Hey you guys! What'll it be?"

She asked with her usual chippy tone. We ordered our usual coffee with meatball sub and she jogged away again. I looked around seeing the other customers mingle for a moment when Rigby suddenly broke the silence

"you've been quiet since we're on our way over here, what's in your mind Mordo?"

A smile on his face as he tugged on his too long jacket sleeves, it was quite adorable.

"Nothing much, just enjoying the silence that's all"

I shrugged in reply. I can't possibly tell him what I was thinking about, it'll ruin what we had. He didn't look entirely convinced but let the matter drop and went on to talk about the latest games that were about to come out and I went along with the conversation really well since it's a subject we both love to talk about.

After our lunch we headed back to he park to finish our remaining chores for the day, or at least attempt to finish them before the end of the day with the subject of Rigby still in my mind unable to be replaced.

_____________________________

As we walked back towards the park I kept sneaking glances at Mordecai to get a chance of seeing the blue haired man more, not that I don't have enough time looking at him when we talked or anything, but at times I just want to stare and admire his unique beauty.

His multiple piercings decorating his ears and eyebrows and the coloured dye painting his once jet black hair, and oh how his blue eyes pierce the soul of whoever has the privilege to stare right into them.

In conclusion this man was a specimen, a specimen whom I had grown feelings for since the first time I've met him.

At first I couldn't understand or pinpoint what my feelings was towards him but as time went by I understood that I liked this man a lot, far surpassing my like for him as a brother by choice.

That sounded a teensy bit incestuous but fuck it I don't care, I glanced at him once more as I fiddled with my pocket knife I had in my tucked away in my pocket, then I suddenly felt a sharp pain coming from my fingers. I fucking cut myself from playing with my knife, how fucking clumsy can I get?

I let out a quiet gasp but Mordecai still manages to hear it.

"What happened?"

Worry painted on his face with such beauty, I told him it was nothing but he saw a flash of red slowly painting my pocket.

"HOLY FUCK YOU'RE BLEEDING" he yelled.

I shushed him and blushed, I can't believe I cut myself with a knife staring at my crush, what am I supposed to tell him?

As I was too busy being embarrassed Mordecai ripped a piece of fabric from his already torn top and yanked my hand out of my packet and wrapped it delicately around my wound. I watched his soft looking hands tenderly stroked my hand after he finished wrapping.

"Hopefully that'll stop the bleeding until we can get pops or skips to look at your wound. You should be careful playing around with your knifes, even if you spent your whole life using them"

he grinned showing off his pearly whites and soft pink lips. I felt dumbfounded for a moment before finding my words

"Mordecai, your shirt.. "

I said looking at his shirt that lost a short sleeve leaving the other quite lonely.

"Oh that? It's fine dude, my shirt already has designed rips and tears anyway so it won't look out of the ordinary"

he shrugged it off like it was nothing. I nodded quietly and gave a shy thank you. And if I saw a blush decorating his cheeks like it's Christmas lights then I must be imagining things. When we got back to the park pops took a look at my wound, patched it up and sent me off to do my chores.

_______________________________

Sorry for the short chapter after an eternity without chapters. But I do hope you guys like this chapter 💙
Not sure when the next chapter will come out, don't expect it to come out so soon tho 😂 sorry