Backstory

(Mordecai's pov)

After the incident the whole place fell into an uncomfortable silence, after what  felt like an hour we paid the cashier and left. Rigby is still in his mothers arms when we walked towards the house, me and Thomas walked awkwardly behind them all the way.  When we arrived Karen asked if it's alright if she and rigby were given some privacy for a few minutes.

"Take all the time you need" I said reassuringly, she thanks me and went inside with rigby who is still shivering. Me and Thomas walked away to the nearest bench and sat there for a while until I finally pop the question.

"What happened back there?", Thomas slouched forward and sighed. He faced me with sympathy written on his face,

"unfortunately... rigby was raped by that guy..." he said slowly. My eyes widened instantly as I felt a whole new emotion build up inside me, there's no words to describe it.

"H-how...how did it happen.." I practically whispered, thomas heard and hesitated. He crossed his legs on the bench and covered his face, he didn't talk for a while.

"Its all my fault, if only I was there to protect him..." I moved closer to him and wrapped my arm around him.

"Hey...it's not your fault.." I said quietly, he shed tears of regret.

"They were the toughest crew on the block, they're called the unicorns" he chuckled at their name half heartedly "even though their name is stupid, they did such unforgiving things...", he uncovered his face revealing dark empty eyes.

He punched the bench so hard part of the bench broke, I moved away slightly giving him some air. He stood up angrily with tears in his eyes,

"HIS BUSINESS IS WITH ME WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BRING RIGBY INTO THIS?!" he screamed while pulling his hair and falling to the ground. I quickly sat beside him to calm him down, I whisper soothing words to calm him down but I too am upset about this whole situation.

I can see that this while situation is affecting Thomas in ways I can't even imagine, just think of how his mother is able to go through something like this. after a few minutes of crying and comforting, we calmed down a bit. We decided to check on rigby and Karen to see how they're doing, we got in front of the door and stood there. We hesitated until I decided to knock on the door, I knocked on it three times and almost instantly Karen answered the door.

She puts her finger on her lips and made a shushing noise, "he's asleep, come quietly" she said as she waved us to come in. We came in to saw rigby sleeping peacefully on the couch with a blanket covering his entire body. He looks more relaxed than before which is good to see, Karen asked us both to come to the kitchen with her to talk about certain things.

We sat on the table and Karen looked uneasy, "I'm sure Thomas told you the whole backstory already right mordecai?" She asked while rubbing her hands together nervously. I awkwardly nodded in response,

"are they really going to take him again?" Thomas asked with concern written all over his face. Karen shrugged her shoulders with a long face,

"I don't know....but what I know for certain, is that we'll be ready for them" Karen moved her head to my direction,

"mordecai...will you help us protect him? I mean...I understand if you don't want to-" I cut her off by raising my hand.

"I'll die for him if I have to" I said seriously.

She smiled and hugged me while uttering small thank you's. Thomas let out a weak smile and walked into the living room sitting on the floor next to rigby's head,

"he means the world to me.." he said. I sat next to him putting my hand on his shoulder

"I know. He means the world to me too...that's why we'll do our best to keep him safe from all harm". Thomas turned to me and punched my arm lightly,

"yeah... let's do that" he smiled at me.

"But first you gotta confess your love to him y'know" he said with a sly smirk. I blushed hard and pushed him to the ground, then Karen's head popped out from the kitchen.

"Did I hear a certain someone wanting to confess his love to my little racoon?!" Karen practically screamed. I stood up awkwardly trying to get out of this situation, until Karen grabbed my waist and hoisted me up like a rag doll. "OH MY GOD I KNEW IT! YOU DO LIKE HIM!" she screamed again while tossing me around.

"Karen calm down youre going to wake rigby up, and mordecai looks like an over ripe tomato" Thomas said with chuckles.

"Oh sorry darling~ let's talk in your bedroom" she put me down and we went up to mine and rigby's bedroom. I sat on my bed with my face still red, Karen sat next to me while Thomas sat on the floor.

"Sooooo.... tell me how you fell for him!" Karen asked with much enthusiasm, 

"yeah I would love to hear that story" Thomas said with his hands below his chin.

I sighed because I knew she wouldn't let me go that easy, "fine.. fine I'll you guys, it was the first time rigby came to the park. I was gardening at the time and he just came out of nowhere, it was kinda like love at first sight..but only in my case it's just crush at first sight. After rigby passed his initiation week, he was assigned to work with me. The whole time we worked together my feelings grew and grew, but he only sees me as a friend. Ill never have a chance, I don't even know if he's into guys..." as soon as I've finished talking Karen slapped both of her hands to my cheeks and brings my face close to hers.

"listen child, I'll tell you all you need to know about my baby" she let's me go and I rub both of my cheeks with pain

"wow, thanks Karen. I appreciate it". She lay on my bed with her hands behind her head,

"no problem chum, plus I think you and rigby will make the cutest couple!" She said with glee. I laughed nervously and Thomas nudged my side,

"you better pay good attention to Karen, she gives the best tips to get closer to rigby. I would know, I asked her for help". I nodded and gestured Karen to start her tip session. This day has been a train ride.